• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delivery of Controlled Substance!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thadebonaire1

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I was recently arressted for delivery of a controlled substance(meth) 2 counts. The police say they got me on video with audio selling meth, this guy I been knowing for 15 years suppose to have set me up. But I am not a drug dealer, I just recently returned from Iraq and I am a college junior with good grades. The so called friend was buying meth from a dealer, and I was just supplying half the money so he could purchase it. In return he would have his wife give me sexual favors for my half of the drugs, I was not making a profit off of it. The police also seized one of my cars, not the car that was suppose to be used in the crime but the nicest car I had. The suppose to be friend of mine, I believe was threaten to set me up, cause I have nice things and I have many family members that are involved in selling drugs. I have no felony convictions, and I have over 10 years of military service, I understand if I am convicted of this crime my career is over and my education is also over. No one is going to hire anyone with a felony conviction. Do you think I can win this case by going to trial? I made a mistake by even being near drugs but I am human and I admit I was wrong but if they convict me they might as well kill me cause thats what they have done anyway....Career gone...education gone..... what else to live for? Depressed Veteran needs help!

gawm

thadebonaire1 said:

I was recently arressted for delivery of a controlled substance(meth) 2 counts. But I am not a drug dealer, The so called friend was buying meth from a dealer, and I was just supplying half the money so he could purchase it. In return he would have his wife give me sexual favors for my half of the drugs, I was not making a profit off of it.
so you are just a john who pays for his whore with drugs, that makes it sound a whole lot better. :rolleyes: maybe you can blame it on post traumatic syndrome. :rolleyes: you need an attorney asap.

HomeGuru

thadebonaire1 said:

I was recently arressted for delivery of a controlled substance(meth) 2 counts. The police say they got me on video with audio selling meth, this guy I been knowing for 15 years suppose to have set me up. But I am not a drug dealer, I just recently returned from Iraq and I am a college junior with good grades. The so called friend was buying meth from a dealer, and I was just supplying half the money so he could purchase it. In return he would have his wife give me sexual favors for my half of the drugs, I was not making a profit off of it. The police also seized one of my cars, not the car that was suppose to be used in the crime but the nicest car I had. The suppose to be friend of mine, I believe was threaten to set me up, cause I have nice things and I have many family members that are involved in selling drugs. I have no felony convictions, and I have over 10 years of military service, I understand if I am convicted of this crime my career is over and my education is also over. No one is going to hire anyone with a felony conviction. Do you think I can win this case by going to trial? I made a mistake by even being near drugs but I am human and I admit I was wrong but if they convict me they might as well kill me cause thats what they have done anyway....Career gone...education gone..... what else to live for? Depressed Veteran needs help!

**A: what an enlightening post. I feel better already.

gawm has definitely just given a perfect written demonstration of the KISS principle when it comes to describing a situation lol.

gawm

EvilWizard said:
gawm has definitely just given a perfect written demonstration of the KISS principle when it comes to describing a situation lol.
what's the KISS principle?

smutlydog

thadebonaire1 said:

The police say they got me on video with audio selling meth
has your lawyer seen the video?

thadebonaire1

Video Not seen yet!

No they have not shown my lawyer the video, but we have filed 2 or 3 motions of discoveries. From the writings in the report is seems like if there is video its just of my car rollin up and and the so called friend gettin in and we drive off and I bring him back in about 5 min. And I guess he gets back in the car with the police officer. The dates givin on the report are dates where I have allibies, they don't have the exact times recorded. But the dates they gave I was at school or work on those days. Can we get it thrown out if they can't come up with exact times, cause I was at school and work on those days for sure?

Kane

Well... if you didn't deliver the drugs, then they don't have video of you delivering. I'm not sure I understand though. It sounds like you're saying the two of you went somewhere and got the drugs from a third party. Why were you with him at all? And if the dealer was somebody else, why did he finger you, rather than the dealer?

If the evidence is he got in a car with you, and then came back five minutes later with the drugs, the jury's liable to convict, unless you can come up with some sort of explanation.

If you were just in it for the wife, why not pay for her directly?

justalayman

Boy am I glad to see no senior members with a assistance response. This guy admits to knowingly financing illegal drug purchases and having "many family members involved in selling drugs" and now cries!

I sure hope this is a joke post...if not he deserves what the legal system gives him.

thadebonaire1

Delivery of controlled substance!

Okay, let me put this in plain english. This guy I have been knowing for about 15 to 20 years, set me up with a delivery charge when I returned from Iraq. His stepbrother is a dective on the DTF here in this small town. One day this guy that I have been knowing for 15 to 20 years calls me and asked me to give him a ride home. So I went to pick him up after I got off work, and he got in my automobile and I pulled off heading toward his house, well he asked me to borrow some money to purchase drugs( which I have let him do before) I said no on this day and he got extremely mad. So he pulled drugs out of his sock and said he had a little but wanted more and I proceeded to take him back to where I got him. Well in the mist of things he was setting me up, he had his step brother video taping me pickin him up and bringing him back. He must have gave the drugs to his step brother and said he got it from me it was less the 1/2 gram of crystal meth. I soon found out he did this all out of jelousy, I bought a nice car recently and my career is beginning to take off. His career is OVER! he got busted while I was in iraq cookin meth and agreed to become a snitch for the police. Well I was the lucky one to be set up...... My question is they just have me on tape pickin him up and letting him out...how is that delivery? They also seized my car which they intended to keep, which I will fight for....My lawyer says he thinks they are gonna drop the charge in exchange for letting them have my automobile...What kind of crap is that....Is this our justice system of today? I can't believe a country that I have defended numerous times will allow injustice like this....well I intend to fight, its taking every dime I got but the fight is on?

gawm

The so called friend was buying meth from a dealer said:
my, how your story changes. no one cares, you did a stupid thing and got caught. suffer the consequences. good luck!

smutlydog

thadebonaire1 said:
Okay, let me put this in plain english. This guy I have been knowing for about 15 to 20 years, set me up with a delivery charge when I returned from Iraq. His stepbrother is a dective on the DTF here in this small town. One day this guy that I have been knowing for 15 to 20 years calls me and asked me to give him a ride home. So I went to pick him up after I got off work, and he got in my automobile and I pulled off heading toward his house, well he asked me to borrow some money to purchase drugs( which I have let him do before) I said no on this day and he got extremely mad. So he pulled drugs out of his sock and said he had a little but wanted more and I proceeded to take him back to where I got him. Well in the mist of things he was setting me up, he had his step brother video taping me pickin him up and bringing him back. He must have gave the drugs to his step brother and said he got it from me it was less the 1/2 gram of crystal meth. I soon found out he did this all out of jelousy, I bought a nice car recently and my career is beginning to take off. His career is OVER! he got busted while I was in iraq cookin meth and agreed to become a snitch for the police. Well I was the lucky one to be set up...... My question is they just have me on tape pickin him up and letting him out...how is that delivery? They also seized my car which they intended to keep, which I will fight for....My lawyer says he thinks they are gonna drop the charge in exchange for letting them have my automobile...What kind of crap is that....Is this our justice system of today? I can't believe a country that I have defended numerous times will allow injustice like this....well I intend to fight, its taking every dime I got but the fight is on?
Your lawyer is right or to put it another way he may know something about this case that you don't.I doubt they have a strong case against you but, if you push the auto issue they may take it to the next level.This is not the time to be defiant or to protect your pride. Trust me on this one.

justalayman

The story sure changed from the original post.
The original post is in plain English. To me it sounds like you admitting to knowingly financing illegal drug deals. I'm not a lawyer but that sure sounds illegal to me. Whether you profited or not is probably irrelevant. Just shows poor business judgement and ability.
In the OP you said there was audio as well as video. One would assume they have more than basically this guy getting in your car and after a short trip getting out.
It is appalling that you keep bringing up the fact that you are a veteran. Thankfully I never had to be in the military and I appreciate what all the vets of our country have done for me but to imply you should recieve any different treatment regarding punishment for a crime is sad.
With all this aside, I'm sure there is more than one attorney in Arkansas. I don't believe there is anything preventing you from hiring additional or replacement attorneys if you feel yours is not adequately representing you. It sounds like you have many questions for your attorney. You are paying him so ask him for answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">