• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

didnt qualify prop 36

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mercrls

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california,i was charged with a possetion of a controlled substance, possetion of paraphenalia 2 times, i didnt pay my fines on the past charges, and had a tresspass charge added that all went tro warrant. i went to court on these charges for prop 36 but didnt qualify because i screwed up on the past charges i was supposed to pay the fines on. now im going back to the feloney court to face the charges. what are my choices now? live in rehab, jail or what? [email protected]

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california,i was charged with a possetion of a controlled substance, possetion of paraphenalia 2 times, i didnt pay my fines on the past charges, and had a tresspass charge added that all went tro warrant. i went to court on these charges for prop 36 but didnt qualify because i screwed up on the past charges i was supposed to pay the fines on. now im going back to the feloney court to face the charges. what are my choices now? live in rehab, jail or what? [email protected]
**A: your choices at this point are very limited. You can face the music or move to Mexico.

mercrls

well i guess i should have wrote will i have a choice of live in rehab or jail? id like to do the rehab.

HomeGuru

well i guess i should have wrote will i have a choice of live in rehab or jail? id like to do the rehab.
**A: it is up to the court what choice they give you. Be prepared to go to a place where they pound big rocks to make small rocks.

I_Got_Banned

ok , ill expect that . what is the min. and max. amount of time for the offense?
What Health & Safety Code are you charged in violating and what county are you in?

And to state it more clearly (you can correct me if I'm wrong) the reason you were denied prop 36 was because you violated the terms of your probation from your previous case... Meaning, one of the terms of your probation was to obey "all court orders" and one of those court orders was to pay all fines imposed upon you but the court which you failed to do.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you violated another court order as well. This court order I am talking about is "attending your diversion classes" as well as the possible AA/NA meetings that the judge may have imposed upon you.... And you "failed to complete that" Am I right?

SO considering the fact that you had an opportunity to get the "rehab" that you mention in your messages now (although it is more voluntary under your first diversion case than it would have been under a Prop36, I assume that you opted not to go there... now that you're facing jail time, you say:

Try another trick... One lesson here is that Judges are not stupid. And trust me,, drug court judges have heard just about every story you can think of and a few more you haven't.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">