• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discharge from the military

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hightekredneck

What is the name of your state? OK
i was in the army from 94 to late 96 and wish i was still in the army today. i was young and stupid. i got busted for dis. of 2.6 grams of pot. i received 3 months in the brig. and a bcd. it has been 13 years since. i was looking for advice on how to get the bcd upgraded. i cant buy firearms or anything of that sort. i have not been in any trouble since. any leads would be great thank you hightek:)

PJ Weber

Your only option is to petition the Board of Military Correction to upgrade your discharge

You will need to either prove the military made a mistake in the type of discharge you received, or prove that you have recognize and take responsibility for the mistake you made by improving your life(education, community svc, job) in various ways

Either way is a time consuming uphill battle, and even then the answer is seldom Yes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">