• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discovery time limits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunny1too2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA, OK
I was traveling cross country & was pulled over for speeding in Okla. Cop proceeded to search my car after I refused to give my consent & he says he found 2 bags w/ crystal like substance which when he field tested proved to be Meth. I was arrested & am currently out on bail. I had no knowledge of these drugs . My public defender sent me the "Discovery" that he received & there is no new evidence, eg., lab results or nay quanity amount of said drugs. He informed me that the state can still add more "Discovery" in my case. It's been almost 90 days since my arrest, isn't there a time deadline for the state to turn over any "Discovery" they plan to produce? Also, can't I have my lawyer request that they test the bags for my fingerprints?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

I was traveling cross country & was pulled over for speeding in Okla. Cop proceeded to search my car after I refused to give my consent & he says he found 2 bags w/ crystal like substance which when he field tested proved to be Meth.
He will have to articulate good cause as to why he searched the car if/when it goes to trial.

I was arrested & am currently out on bail. I had no knowledge of these drugs .
Don't expect that to be believed.

My public defender sent me the "Discovery" that he received & there is no new evidence, eg., lab results or nay quanity amount of said drugs. He informed me that the state can still add more "Discovery" in my case.
What small amount there may have been could have been consumed by the presumptive field test. Or, it could be that no test results are yet available.

It's been almost 90 days since my arrest, isn't there a time deadline for the state to turn over any "Discovery" they plan to produce?
I imagine there is - especially if there is a trial date. What did your OK attorney say when you asked HIM that question?

Also, can't I have my lawyer request that they test the bags for my fingerprints?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
He can request it, but they don't have to do it. However, YOU can pay to have the bags dusted for prints at your cost ... I imagine the court might allow that.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">