• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disorderly intoxication and controlled substance charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lincolnls

What is the name of your state? Florida

Recently, I took a trip to Florida (being from the midwest) and I was arrested and charged with disorderly intoxication and controlled substance (1 vicodin pill). I was arrested after being told to leave a bar (which I did) and was continually harassed by employees of the bar after being off the bar's property. When bond was set, I was never given any amount for the painkiller, but I was given bond for the disorderly intox. I was told that I was being charged with felony posession (like before...1 pill) and misdemeanor disorderly intox.

Personally, I have not been arrested for any drug crimes or intoxication charges before.

Does anyone know personally what the state might attempt to give me? I honestly don't have the time to go to court numerous times in Florida and most likely will have to settle for a plea bargain. I've heard florida's drug laws are out of date...but any advice would help

-lincolnls

lincolnls

anything?

I've contacted a few lawyers at this point and the charges range from $2,500-$6,500. Some have told me to fight it, but I guarantee I will lose my job if I have to constantly miss work to travel to florida ($250) roundtrip each time. I was told about drug court where if I go to counseling I would get the charge dropped by one lawyer.

Any other advice people? ?

lincolnls

just called the clerk of courts office. Evidently the disorderly intoxication charge was dropped. Now i'm in felony court (1st offense of any kind) for posession of 1 vicodin pill.

any helpful information? I am going to hire a lawyer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">