+ Reply to Thread
    lincolnls is offline Junior Member

Question disorderly intoxication and controlled substance charge

What is the name of your state? Florida

Recently, I took a trip to Florida (being from the midwest) and I was arrested and charged with disorderly intoxication and controlled substance (1 vicodin pill). I was arrested after being told to leave a bar (which I did) and was continually harassed by employees of the bar after being off the bar's property. When bond was set, I was never given any amount for the painkiller, but I was given bond for the disorderly intox. I was told that I was being charged with felony posession (like before...1 pill) and misdemeanor disorderly intox.

Personally, I have not been arrested for any drug crimes or intoxication charges before.

Does anyone know personally what the state might attempt to give me? I honestly don't have the time to go to court numerous times in Florida and most likely will have to settle for a plea bargain. I've heard florida's drug laws are out of date...but any advice would help

-lincolnls
    anything?

I've contacted a few lawyers at this point and the charges range from $2,500-$6,500. Some have told me to fight it, but I guarantee I will lose my job if I have to constantly miss work to travel to florida ($250) roundtrip each time. I was told about drug court where if I go to counseling I would get the charge dropped by one lawyer.

Any other advice people? ?
    just called the clerk of courts office. Evidently the disorderly intoxication charge was dropped. Now i'm in felony court (1st offense of any kind) for posession of 1 vicodin pill.

any helpful information? I am going to hire a lawyer