• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disorderly Persons?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jmckibben

The event I am being charged with happened on 12/16/2005 in Flemington New Jersey. At the time I was 17 and sold less then an ounce to an undercover. Now I am 18 and live in New Mexico and have been for about 3 months. Yesterday the person I was living with was mailed a letter with a civil complaint of juvenile delinquency, stating I had violated N.J.S 2c:35-5b (12) Disorderly Persons (distrubution of marijuana in quanity of less then an ounce), and requesting I attend a court date set for the Fourth of May. Signed 4/13/06. I currently have no money and no way of getting back to New Jersey. Not to mention I do not have enough money for an attorney. What can I do and what should I do?

seniorjudge

Jmckibben said:
The event I am being charged with happened on 12/16/2005 in Flemington New Jersey. At the time I was 17 and sold less then an ounce to an undercover. Now I am 18 and live in New Mexico and have been for about 3 months. Yesterday the person I was living with was mailed a letter with a civil complaint of juvenile delinquency, stating I had violated N.J.S 2c:35-5b (12) Disorderly Persons (distrubution of marijuana in quanity of less then an ounce), and requesting I attend a court date set for the Fourth of May. Signed 4/13/06. I currently have no money and no way of getting back to New Jersey. Not to mention I do not have enough money for an attorney. What can I do and what should I do?
Q: What can I do and what should I do?

A: Attend the court date set for the Fourth of May.

J

jadedxxbeauty

Jmckibben said:
Try to find a decent, low cost lawyer in New Jersey. He can go to the courthouse before the 4th and request that the trial be postponed/take place with him represting you in your absense. At the least give you time to get halfway across the country. Good Luck! Youre probably gonna get stuck taking a greyhound...but you may luck out!

OH YEAH, and kick your roomates ASS!

Shay-Pari'e

jadedxxbeauty said:
Try to find a decent, low cost lawyer in New Jersey. He can go to the courthouse before the 4th and request that the trial be postponed/take place with him represting you in your absense. At the least give you time to get halfway across the country. Good Luck! Youre probably gonna get stuck taking a greyhound...but you may luck out!

This is not legal advice and you should be booted off this forum.

J

jadedxxbeauty

Do you have a sense of humour buried somewhere under that wig?

Shay-Pari'e said:
jadedxxbeauty said:

This is not legal advice and you should be booted off this forum.

Man you just love that gavel dontcha?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">