• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distribtuition charge class b within school zone/forfeiture for money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asaman8414

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
So the day before valtines day i picked up my boy from work. We did smoke in the car while in the parking lot of his job and left. We were driving to his house and stoped a little past the stop sign cuz if you dont you wont even be able to see the cars coming. We noticed d-tec on the side of the road where we were turning on and luckily enough he makes a u turn and follows me. I make a turn on the next street and he pulls me over. he smelt the weed and asked if i had weed in the car and i said yes. before he pulled me over i was trying to get my seatbelt on so i wont get a ticket for that so he kept sayin what were u tryin to hide yata yata ya. He pulled me and my freind out the car and asked if he had weed on him, he said yes but i guess he dropped it in the seat which they found later. I had 2,000 in my back seat ready to deposit in my bank account in a brinks box. I also had 4 empty mason jars and the one mason jar with 4 bags of weed in it. I smoke weed alot so i keep the weed in jars so it doesnt dry out. All equals to no more than 8 grams. When he asked where is the weed i said its in the back where i usually keep it but it was actually in my cup holder so i guess he thought i was lieing and thought their was more. they brought dogs, pattie waggons, 2 cruisers you know makeing an event outta the situation lol. Dog sniffed and foudn nothing. They asked where are the other drugs i said thats all their is is what you found. He asked "whats up with this" talking about the box. i said "oh its just funny because its a brink box thats labeled dimes on it but their money in it, its just a joke". Long story short they towed my car which was all busted up after i got it, back seat ripped off, front fasial area all broken, ciggerate liter hanging out, i bgought my girl stuff from pandora and the gift bag was ripped and the jewlery was all over the place. I felt so violated also they took my money, drugs, jars, even tools, swiss army knife and my ash try holder thing which was glow in the dark lol i was mad about that too. It was a couple different weeds for me to smoke reasoning why they were in different bags.

I just got a letter in the mail about the forfeiture for my money so i guess they are trying to keep it. I called a lawyer he said he will charge more than what im trying to get back so it wont b worth it. Can my court appontied lawyer handling this case handle the civil forfeiture case? Also if i represent myslef what types of things do i need to prove i worked for that money. I've been working fulll time for 7 yrs, just got my taxes back couple months ago and also sold my motorcycle last summer. I was told to file for motion to stay so i can deal with the forfeiture case when this case if over but if i can fight it now i will becuase i need my money. any advice will be appreciated thanks

Antigone*

So the day before valtines day i picked up my boy from work. We did smoke in the car while in the parking lot of his job and left. We were driving to his house and stoped a little past the stop sign cuz if you dont you wont even be able to see the cars coming. We noticed d-tec on the side of the road where we were turning on and luckily enough he makes a u turn and follows me. I make a turn on the next street and he pulls me over. he smelt the weed and asked if i had weed in the car and i said yes. before he pulled me over i was trying to get my seatbelt on so i wont get a ticket for that so he kept sayin what were u tryin to hide yata yata ya. He pulled me and my freind out the car and asked if he had weed on him, he said yes but i guess he dropped it in the seat which they found later. I had 2,000 in my back seat ready to deposit in my bank account in a brinks box. I also had 4 empty mason jars and the one mason jar with 4 bags of weed in it. I smoke weed alot so i keep the weed in jars so it doesnt dry out. All equals to no more than 8 grams. When he asked where is the weed i said its in the back where i usually keep it but it was actually in my cup holder so i guess he thought i was lieing and thought their was more. they brought dogs, pattie waggons, 2 cruisers you know makeing an event outta the situation lol. Dog sniffed and foudn nothing. They asked where are the other drugs i said thats all their is is what you found. He asked "whats up with this" talking about the box. i said "oh its just funny because its a brink box thats labeled dimes on it but their money in it, its just a joke". Long story short they towed my car which was all busted up after i got it, back seat ripped off, front fasial area all broken, ciggerate liter hanging out, i bgought my girl stuff from pandora and the gift bag was ripped and the jewlery was all over the place. I felt so violated also they took my money, drugs, jars, even tools, swiss army knife and my ash try holder thing which was glow in the dark lol i was mad about that too. It was a couple different weeds for me to smoke reasoning why they were in different bags.

I just got a letter in the mail about the forfeiture for my money so i guess they are trying to keep it. I called a lawyer he said he will charge more than what im trying to get back so it wont b worth it. Can my court appontied lawyer handling this case handle the civil forfeiture case? Also if i represent myslef what types of things do i need to prove i worked for that money. I've been working fulll time for 7 yrs, just got my taxes back couple months ago and also sold my motorcycle last summer. I was told to file for motion to stay so i can deal with the forfeiture case when this case if over but if i can fight it now i will becuase i need my money. any advice will be appreciated thanks
Don't do drugs.:cool: Go back to skool(sic).

OHRoadwarrior

Sounds like PoPo know, know. You have obviously achieved the best outcome by getting a PD free. I can only echo Tigi, by saying stay away from drugs.

smutlydog

I would call around and see if an attorney will take the case for the $2,000. Why trouble yourself with that? This civil case file will be public record which means employers can see it. Forfeiture almost always means drugs were involved.
I had a felony arrest expunged only to find out later details about my arrest were in a forfeiture and seizure civil case file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">