• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distribution of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apishapa

What is the name of your state? CO

My son was picked up yesterday on a warrant for "distributiion of marijuana". All they said is they have a photo of him. There was no indication of when, where or who he supposedly sold this marijuana to. He just started a new job and cannot afford to lost it. Two questions.

1. can he be fired for being arrested, before conviction?

2. Can he be convicted only on a photograph without there having been any other evidence. No affidavit from the person he supposedly sold to, no marijuana possession, no arrest at the time of the sale, etc.? No date, time or place provided? Of course, they surely will have to provide all of this to him before any trial won't they.

My son has never been in any kind of trouble before and I am just in shock that this happened.

tranquility

I will save the job issue for those with more knowledge. As to the crime, the state needs to prove the elements of the crime. One of the elements for distribution of marijuana would be that it is marijuana. That would be difficult to prove with only a picture. There are other crimes which are similar (in that the buyer says your son said it was marijuana) so don't get stuck in trying to figure things out.

Selling drugs, even marijuana, is a serious crime. If convicted, your son's life will change forever even if he doesn't get any jail time. Have your son get the best attorney he can afford.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">