• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do cops mail paraphernalia tickets?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coupleof?

I live in Texas and i got my car searched and they found a pipe with resin in it and a small amount of marijuana, but the officer did not write me a ticket? There were unusual circumstances around the search, but do they mail paraphernalia tickets? is this common? Waiting nervously for your responses.

Just because they didnt cite you doesnt mean you wont be charged. At worst, the state could simply file charges and a probable cause and get a warrant for your arrest.

For this stuff, which is not considered too serious in CA, they would probably mail you a court date and if you didnt show, get a warrant. I dont know about how texas would do it.

But the bottom line is.. yes, you could still face charges. I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear.

Sweat it out for a month then you could always call your DA (or whatever they are in Texas) and see if there is a case vs you.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

The paraphernalia is a relatively nothing charge in TX ($500/no jail), but you also said you were in a possession of a small amount of marijuana. This is a more serious charge there. While some areas are playing with mailing/issuing tickets for this, you're more likely to get a charging document as with any other misdemeanor prosecution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">