• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does it matter or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Va
I entered an intensive outpatient treatment enter & have been keeping out of trouble. I had my preliminary in July 11. My next court date is August 22nd. I don't know if this matters, but the officer that dropped me off @ the taxi stand gave me his #. We spoke several times & stopped. Although nothing happened between us, should I mention this to my PD?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You question doesn't mean anything since you failed to explain what happened to you.

What is this all about?

TigerD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Va
I entered an intensive outpatient treatment enter & have been keeping out of trouble. I had my preliminary in July 11. My next court date is August 22nd. I don't know if this matters, but the officer that dropped me off @ the taxi stand gave me his #. We spoke several times & stopped. Although nothing happened between us, should I mention this to my PD?
Yes. If you have been communicating with police, you need to inform your attorney about the conversations, including content, frequency, and who initiated them. Everything you said to that cop can and will be used against you.

DC

[QU

I apologize my phone is a bit funky when i use it on this site. This was my original post in the DUI forum.
On June 6, I was driving near the Pentagon. I was supposed to yield right, but being new to the area I drove past the yield & reversed illegally because there was no traffic behind me. I clearly could've driven straight & made a right at the stop sign in front of me, but no, i didn't & was subsequently pulled over by Pentagon police. They asked for my license & registration, which took me a while to find between my trunk & the junk in my car, until I finally found it buried under some junk in the passenger seat. The officers checked my license out, came back & gave me a warning, then asked to search my car. I was told its something they do to make sure no one is carrying any weapons, so I let them search my car knowing I had crack inside.
They found my pipe with a couple rocks under the seat in a bag.
I was arrested & @ 43, this was my 1st arrest ever.
I was detained & performed the sobriety tests, admitted the drugs were mine, but refused a blood test.
After a couple of hours, I was released, given 4 citations, with an August 22 date. Last Saturday I received a certified letter changing my 1st court date to July 11.
I am beyond sorry for doing crack, but I feel I wanted to & needed to get caught, because I always felt guilty smoking it. I'm so terrified of the consequences of my stupidity & I'll do whatever I need to do to stay out of jail! Is there anything I can do now to prepare myself for my 1st court date? I can't afford an attorney & was told by the Va public defenders office that they are apointed by the court, I can't go to the office to request one myself.
Would it be wise for me to find an NA group now? Should I wait until after my 1st court date to find one?
I'm afraid I'll go to jail & I'm just so lost now! OTE=HighwayMan;3285548]You question doesn't mean anything since you failed to explain what happened to you.

What is this all about?[/QUOTE]

You question doesn't mean anything since you failed to explain what happened to you.

What is this all about?
So we spoke about my charges, how the officers argued about charging me with trafficking, which is in the police report. We exchanged #'s talked about going out, but we never did. We haven't communicated since Father's Day.

Silverplum

[QU

I apologize my phone is a bit funky when i use it on this site. This was my original post in the DUI forum.
On June 6, I was driving near the Pentagon. I was supposed to yield right, but being new to the area I drove past the yield & reversed illegally because there was no traffic behind me. I clearly could've driven straight & made a right at the stop sign in front of me, but no, i didn't & was subsequently pulled over by Pentagon police. They asked for my license & registration, which took me a while to find between my trunk & the junk in my car, until I finally found it buried under some junk in the passenger seat. The officers checked my license out, came back & gave me a warning, then asked to search my car. I was told its something they do to make sure no one is carrying any weapons, so I let them search my car knowing I had crack inside.
They found my pipe with a couple rocks under the seat in a bag.
I was arrested & @ 43, this was my 1st arrest ever.
I was detained & performed the sobriety tests, admitted the drugs were mine, but refused a blood test.
After a couple of hours, I was released, given 4 citations, with an August 22 date. Last Saturday I received a certified letter changing my 1st court date to July 11.
I am beyond sorry for doing crack, but I feel I wanted to & needed to get caught, because I always felt guilty smoking it. I'm so terrified of the consequences of my stupidity & I'll do whatever I need to do to stay out of jail! Is there anything I can do now to prepare myself for my 1st court date? I can't afford an attorney & was told by the Va public defenders office that they are apointed by the court, I can't go to the office to request one myself.
Would it be wise for me to find an NA group now? Should I wait until after my 1st court date to find one?
I'm afraid I'll go to jail & I'm just so lost now! OTE=HighwayMan;3285548]You question doesn't mean anything since you failed to explain what happened to you.

What is this all about?
[/QUOTE]
I remember your story.

NA now -- for YOU.

commentator

And may I insert here that when working with addicts in treatment facilities, it was about the second most common story you heard, that the officer that brought me here hit on me.(Male or female, didn't matter) The most common one was that the officer tried to find out my source for drugs, gave me drugs, asked me about drugs, asked me to get them some drugs, etc. But either way, this won't be a big thing for your PD to hear, they probably won't have a lot of time to listen, and it won't make any difference. Whether it did or didn't happen. But treatment is the very best way to go, as then when you are in court, you will have shown some initiative about getting help to change your life. They sort of like that a little better than "I'm hopeless! Just shoot me now!" Good luck to you.

And may I insert here that when working with addicts in treatment facilities, it was about the second most common story you heard, that the officer that brought me here hit on me.(Male or female, didn't matter) The most common one was that the officer tried to find out my source for drugs, gave me drugs, asked me about drugs, asked me to get them some drugs, etc. But either way, this won't be a big thing for your PD to hear, they probably won't have a lot of time to listen, and it won't make any difference. Whether it did or didn't happen. But treatment is the very best way to go, as then when you are in court, you will have shown some initiative about getting help to change your life. They sort of like that a little better than "I'm hopeless! Just shoot me now!" Good luck to you.
Thank you! I had forgot about it, then wondered because I'm supposed to tell my PD everything, but wanted to run it by you 1st, b/c everyone's advice/suggestion has helped me throughout the years. I do believe the officer saw something & was trying to reach out to me. Anyway, I agree, the bottom line is I'm 2 months clean, currently attending 2 treatment centers, going to meetings, I'm looking for a home group & sponsor! I'm sorry beyond words, trying to get support, so I can move on & put this behind me!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">