• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dropped charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pcgeek4life

What is the name of your state? connecticut
six years ago i was charged with possesion within 1500 ft. of a school and possesion of a dangerous weapon which are felonies. i also was charged with two misdemeanors. it was my first offense and i was able to use my accelerated rehabilitation program. i completed the program successfully and the charges were dropped and my record was erased. so now when i apply for a secret clearence, do i have to disclose this information when asked if i was ever charged with a felony.

H

hexeliebe

If the wording is "Have you ever been charged with felony" then yes, answer honestly. If you're going for a secret clearance you'll also be subjected to periodic lie detector tests and although your record is clean you won't be able to hide the fact that you were once facing the felony charges.

P

pcgeek4life

hexeliebe

do you think that such a charge would keep me from getting a secret clearence. the question of a felony charge and the question of ever having purchased any drugs including marijuana which obviously i did if i got caught with are the only things im worried about.

M

maybee

intelligence official?

Try this link --- it talks about Security clearence for IT professionals. Also keep in mind, just because the local police department can not find your "erased" record, doesn't mean the FBI, and etc. can not.

http://www.jobcircle.com/career/coach/jf_2002_09.html

maybe it depends on the level of security clearence you are requesting. Since you have had a record, I seriously doubt the pentagon will consider you for TS/SCI.

Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">