• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Arrest from 35 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TishTash

What is the name of your state? NY
I have a family member that was arrested 35 years ago for bringing drugs into the country.
He never appeared for his court date. Now is has been found and has a court date next month to answer for these charges. He is taking this very lightly because it happened so long ago and he has not been arrested since then. He is not even getting a lawyer. I am very concerned and would love to hear what you think of this situation:confused: as well as any suggestions. Thanks

tranquility

Depending on the amount, I think it very likely an INTERNATIONAL DRUG SMUGGLER who fled from his court date will get jail time.

calatty

He is foolish not to take it seriously and doubly foolish not to get a lawyer. The judge will not give him points for managing to hide from the law for a long time. On the contrary. Drug smuggling is a serious charge and he can do serious time for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">