• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Volantina

Florida :(

I currently live in Florida. I moved here from New Jersey. I have 2 felony convictions in New Jersey and am currently on unsupervised probation for narcotics.
I was arrested in west palm beach florida for crack cocaine possesion. I was giving a man a ride, i did not know him personally, from the local store. i dropped him off in a known drug area, the police officer came behind my car which was stopped to unload the passanger. he asked me to get out of the vehicle, he handcuffed me and questioned me, i explained i was dropping someone off. he questioned the passanger which was outside my vehicle as i had just dropped him off when the cop arrived. the police searched my car, and found a small piece of crack cocaine on the center or passanger side of the console. he questioned the man and let him go but arrested me. i explained it was not my drugs and the man dropped it when the police arrived as he exited my vehicle. i have a defense lawyer that thinks i should take the plea bargain of time served and a 3rd conviction on my record. if i plead guilty i will have an additional felony conviction. lose my license for 2 years, and possibly violate my probation, which is already violated because i was arrested and did not tell my probation officer. what your advice? much appreciated, P.S. I need an immediate answer to this matter for i have court in acouple days and need to make a decision before then.

BOR

You enter a NOT guilty plea and have your attorney work on the legal aspects of it, including possible plea bargains.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">