• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ellymarek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York State. If the cops have a search warrant for someones home and they find drugs. Is the possession rule 9/10ths of the law even if its not yours.

was it ur home? can you provide proof its not urs? possesion is always 9/10ths. it would have to be a situation where you rent a room in a drug house, and ur room had no drugs, or ur tennant has drugs only in his living space. thats all the defences i can think of.

Indiana Filer

was it ur home? can you provide proof its not urs? possesion is always 9/10ths. it would have to be a situation where you rent a room in a drug house, and ur room had no drugs, or ur tennant has drugs only in his living space. thats all the defences i can think of.
Are you a non-English speaker? Please don't use text speak on this forum. BTW, don't post if you don't know the law.

Are you a non-English speaker? Please don't use text speak on this forum. BTW, don't post if you don't know the law.
Dont post if i dont know the law? i didnt even post that i knew the law. i asked a series of questions that would conclude if it was on her or not.

you can posess someone elses dope, but you cant get charges dropped because "you were holding it for a friend" because that would be the defense EVERYTIME. so when the police with the warrant found "someone elses dope" in the home of the "friend" it became her responsibility. and it seems to me, if the cops knew it was there, and convinced a judge of that, she also knew it was there, making it her problem.

and as far as NY goes i do know the law, you arent even a senior member to critisise me. your just looking for a fight.

OP didnt even answer the questions. shes screwed and needs a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">