• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waynehand

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
hi i have a question,sum officers came to my friends house an say they had a warrant for my arrest. he knocked on the door an i hoped up an met him at the door he didnt enter the apartment,they pulled me outside an thats when they said they smelled weed,i admitted to having weed n my pocket while all this was goin we was still outside so after i gave them the officer entered the house with out a search warrant trying to search,i really wana know if he had a rite to enter the house after they arrested me outside knowing i didnt stay there. After they put me n the car they searched the house to find more weed. an chareged me with a poss with intent. did they follow all procedures right?

Ladyback1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
hi i have a question,sum officers came to my friends house an say they had a warrant for my arrest. he knocked on the door an i hoped up an met him at the door he didnt enter the apartment,they pulled me outside an thats when they said they smelled weed,i admitted to having weed n my pocket while all this was goin we was still outside so after i gave them the officer entered the house with out a search warrant trying to search,i really wana know if he had a rite to enter the house after they arrested me outside knowing i didnt stay there. After they put me n the car they searched the house to find more weed. an chareged me with a poss with intent. did they follow all procedures right?
Yes, I think they did.

They smelled marijuana--inside the apartment. They had the right to search. PROBABLE CAUSE.

Now, I'm sure that if I'm mistaken, some of the other knowledgeable people here will explain why it would be an illegal!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
...i didnt stay there.
Really? Obviously you were staying there for a time - how else did you get inside?

And why do you think that makes a difference anyway? You were present there and obviously you spend enough time there so that the police knew you'd be there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">