• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikeeb0y

Im from Los Angeles California,and im seeking for some advice on drug charges that im currently being charged with. On june 27th, 2001 i was arrested at my home for drug charges involving sales and possession of methampetimines. They had legal papers allowing them to search the house. They then found about 7 grams of meth all in which was bagged up in several bags. A bunch of other things were found in my house like a scale, empty baggies, paraphanelia for personal use, rifle, bullets etc. All the items were seized as well as many other items that werent related were also confiscated. Most of the items were not in the list of seizure and confiscated items. They only had some things listed and im trying to figure out why all the many other items that were taken werent listed? Im being charged with possession and sales of an organic form,and for a warrant i had pertaining to a similar charge recently had for being under the influence of meth and not complying with the diversion that the judge issued for me to take. They also arrested another person that they claim was involved in drug sales,but that other person was just there at the time of the raid and had nothing to do with anything, but was still taken in for the same charge, which is sales.The investigators claim they had her on recording making some type of deal with a person looking for some drugs. All in which i believe is false. I want to know what kinda time im facing and what will the overall outcome be after the case is over. I was posted a bail in the amount of $30,000, which i then bailed out and was released. Im scheduled to appear for court on August 14th and likewise for the other person who was also arrested in the raid. I was told by the officers, that they were investigating the house for quite some time and were watching the place and also had my house phone tapped. All of which they had legal papers for doing so, but on the search warrant there was in print a date in which it became valid to take action for was dated about 2 weeks before the actual time of the search? Can they still use that search warrant that was dated about two weeks before? I want to know what i can do to help my situation, and what kinda options will i have in court. Will i even have any offers like a second chance for drug classes or any types of drug rehabilitaion programs? Since i bailed out even if i had a warrant for a violation, will i still have the option to forward the case by pleading not guilty considering ive violated my probation? Will i still have the option to appear on the further court dates without being taken into custody? I was bailed out by a local bailbonds and im not sure if its only to appear for the first court date before taken into custody, or will it still be valid for me to walk until the case is over?

A

amomwithrights

Typically by federal law you are lookiing at 25 years before a plea agreement ,that is for the possesion of a dangerous drug your typical first time offender depending on the judge gets 3-5 years of probation.Your friend on the other hand will probably go to court they will have to prove that this was the person on tape and she could request voice analyzation,some courts would rather not deal w/ the hassel and dismiss the case.on the other hand if the voice is amatch she/he will be responsible for the fees wich can be pretty hefty.my suggestion drugs are trouble clean up ,i am no stranger to the habit but life is pretty good on the other side of the fence.Also about the paraphenalia,Anything on or off of the search and aeizure list that is illeagal is confiscatable by law ,including but not limited to parephanalia,pipes,bongs,stems leaves etc etc
good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">