• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ajolie

California, my brother and three friends was traveling to Misourri and was stopped for speeding. the police used k9 to search and found 11lbs Esctacy under the seat. They posted 1million dollars bail on them. His lawyer said it was an illegal search and they will file motion to suppress evidence. What will happen to my brother? He is a green card status.

F

FKNA

I don't see how it was an illegal search. The stop was a legitimate stop since they were speeding. If officer asks to search the vehicle and is not given permission, he can then use a K9 unit. If the dog is alerted to drugs, then that gives the cop his PC to search the car.

Since they were able to post bond and an attorney has already been retained....USE HIM. He should be telling best case scenario, how he will approach obtaining best case scenario, he should also be talking about worst case scenario.

HomeGuru

ajolie said:
California, my brother and three friends was traveling to Misourri and was stopped for speeding. the police used k9 to search and found 11lbs Esctacy under the seat. They posted 1million dollars bail on them. His lawyer said it was an illegal search and they will file motion to suppress evidence. What will happen to my brother? He is a green card status.
My response: your brother's green card will be revoked and he will be deemed an illegal alien and forced to return home or he will be locked up so long in an alien prison that his green card expires and the INS will waive jurisdiction. Once this happens it will be death by firing aquad.

H

Humble Warrior

The search is legal,the bust was a DAMN GOOD ONE.....your brother can kiss his ass good-bye. He is going to be locked away untill "The Jetsons" are a reality.
I cant give you advice on this one,but I'll give you a stock tip............invest in vasoline,your brother is going to need a lot. Especially after he is on that cafeteria wedding-alter with "Bubba"

Rochelle

To Humble Warrior

You killed me with this one!!!!!!!

I try to be serious but you make me grin. Have a good day and keep up the good work!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">