• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug charges after taking the drug?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancer21

What is the name of your state? Colorado
I was at an afterparty one evening. My friends and I all had taken a pill and we had the music playing. The cops began knocking on the door and we turned the music off. They knocked some more and we opened the door. They isolated me in the bedroom (I was the only female), and began asking me questions. He stared at me and said, "What are you on?" I thought about lying, but I told him that I was on x. He asked me if I had any on me or if the person who sold it to me was there. I told him I didn't have any and I had gotten it at the club. He asked everyone else and they all denied that they had taken anything. He told me," Well, it looks like we are just taking you in." I couldn't believe it!!! They ended up leaving me with a warning.
So my questions are:
1. Can they convict me of a drug offense even if I am not in possesion of any?
2. Why did they isolate me to ask all the questions to?
3. Why wouldn't they get in trouble? It seems that I should have lied as well...
4. Could I have gone to jail for this or only fined with community service?

Neal1421

Dancer21 said:
I was at an afterparty one evening. My friends and I all had taken a pill and we had the music playing. The cops began knocking on the door and we turned the music off. They knocked some more and we opened the door. They isolated me in the bedroom (I was the only female), and began asking me questions. He stared at me and said, "What are you on?" I thought about lying, but I told him that I was on x. He asked me if I had any on me or if the person who sold it to me was there. I told him I didn't have any and I had gotten it at the club. He asked everyone else and they all denied that they had taken anything. He told me," Well, it looks like we are just taking you in." I couldn't believe it!!! They ended up leaving me with a warning.
So my questions are:
3. Why wouldn't they get in trouble? It seems that I should have lied as well...
Sweetheart, they were probably trying to protect you. You were the only female there and you were on something. Do you know what kind of dangerous situation you put yourself in?

I say you need to be thankful that they got you out of there before anything happened, unless it was "that" kind of party.

Stay off the drugs.

ENASNI

Your body was and you admitted to it.

You looked the highest.

They didn't look as high? :confused: . It seems so. :rolleyes:
You tell us... Oh I see, this is a made up post, thanks for wasting my time. :mad:

outonbail

Dancer21 said:
So my questions are:
If it's in your blood, your under the influence and in possession of it!

Because you were the gullible one who they could intimidate and lie to, which would have you singing like a bird and confessing to a crime. Which they were right about, as it worked the way they expected.

They could get into trouble, however the police would have to prove they were under the influence and not being truthful because, unlike you, they did not confess to committing any crime.

What difference does it make what could have happened? They left you off with a warning, consider yourself lucky and try to learn something from this experience.

Dancer21

:mad: Everything I say is 100% true. What would be the purpose in making up a story for advice? I wouldn't be wasting my time with lies!!! I explained that they left me with a warning, but if it wasn't a cop who was partly sympathetic, could they have taken me to jail? Maybe that clarifies the question for you ENASNI
Thank you everyone else for your advice.

ENASNI

Well excuuuuuuseee me!

Dancer21 said:
:mad: Everything I say is 100% true. What would be the purpose in making up a story for advice? I wouldn't be wasting my time with lies!!! I explained that they left me with a warning, but if it wasn't a cop who was partly sympathetic, could they have taken me to jail? Maybe that clarifies the question for you ENASNI
Thank you everyone else for your advice.

Sorry tiny dancer. I mis-read the last line, not understanding that you just got a tsk-tsk.

It is a shame you don't understand exactly how lucky you were with the "almost arrest" and the "almost brain-damage" that could have and still may occur with the using of the drug you chose.

Wisen up and not just your attitude. You got your answers.

Just Blue

Sorry ...I can't resist!!:eek:

Artist: Elton John Lyrics
Song: Tiny Dancer Lyrics

Blue jean baby, L.A lady
seamstress for the band
Pretty eyes, pirate smile
She'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must've seen her
dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me
Tiny dancer in my hand

Jesus freaks, out in the street
Handing tickets out for God
Turning back she just laughs
The boulevard is not that bad

Piano man, he makes his stand
In the auditorium
Looking on she sings the song
The words she knows
The tune she hums

But oh how it feels so real
Lying here, with no one near
Only you, and you can hear me
When I say softly, slowly

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
You had a busy day today
(repeat)

Blue jean baby, L.A lady
seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile
you married a music man
Ballerina, you must've seen her,
dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me
Tiny dancer in my hand

But oh how it feels so real
Lying here with no one near
Only you and you can hear me
When I say softly, slowly

Dancer21

Slow Down

Lets clarify things.I am not one for confrontations. Lets call this a miscommunication error. I am not a mean person, and I don't have an attitude problem. I am a good person :) I was offended that I was called a liar, but now that we know it was miscommunication, then both of us are fine. I call a truce, and I thank you for your advice. :cool: truce

ENASNI

Dancer21 said:
Lets clarify things.I am not one for confrontations. Lets call this a miscommunication error. I am not a mean person, and I don't have an attitude problem. I am a good person :) I was offended that I was called a liar, but now that we know it was miscommunication, then both of us are fine. I call a truce, and I thank you for your advice. :cool: truce

X just scares me... A LOT... be careful.

And thanks Bay, now that song is going through my head.

Just Blue

ENASNI said:
X just scares me... A LOT... be careful.

And thanks Bay, now that song is going through my head.

At least it's a good song...not like the theme to Barney or something....:eek:

outonbail

The State said:
No. Having it in your system after consuming it is not "possession".
Wouldn't the following apply?

While an individual may unlawfully possess a controlled substance without voluntarily using it, it is simply not feasible for an individual to voluntarily use a controlled substance without also possessing it. People v. Villapando, 984 P.2d 51 (Colo. 1999).

M

mammothcave

Dancer21 said:
So my questions are:
there was this girl she was the only one at a party everyone left but three guys she took x and they raped her and then set her on fire,the guys went on trial for murder,you young girls are stupid you don't think anything could happen but it can.its a cruel world.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">