• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Charges........HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bratticuss

I live in Washington State.
A couple days ago a detective came to my home, my boyfriend and I were still in bed and our 9 year old son answered the door. The detective questioned our son about when we might be up and available. He then left a card with our son and asked him to have us call him. I assumed this was concerning civil matter we are involved in and put off calling the detective. Around 3:00pm that same afternoon, my boyfriend and I were the only ones home when, from our basement bedroom we hear "Police." There were 2 plain clothed detectives and 3 uniformed officers in our home. I headed up the stairs and was met at the top by one of the detectives, he told me to go into the livingroom and he continued down the stairs to my bedroom where my boyfriend was. One of the detectives informed us that someone had called saying that there was drug activity at our home and that upon running our names he found us both to have active arrest warrents for unpaid fines. He told us that he had seen drug parafinalia in a nightstand drawer while in our bedroom and that he would get a search warrent if necessary to search our house. He promised me that if we cooperated he would not file any charges or put any further holds on us. He asked us if we would give him permission to search our home, saying it would make him be nicer to us, and save him the time of getting a search warrant that he knew he would be granted anyway. We agreed, and signed a paper allowing them to search our home. We were arrested on the warrants. Once we returned home we found a copy of a search warrant they had obtained inspite of our consent to search and a reciept stating each item the removed from our home:
1. drawer w/misc. drug paraphernalia next to bed
2. Green Vegtable matter Top bed headboard
3. Green begtable matter and 2 plastic bongs- nightstand
4. Glass pipes Nightstand
5. Glass smoking device - next to bed
6 Torch- Next to bed
7. Glass Pipe- computer Room
8. butterfly knife- bed drawer
Since then the detective has contacted us by phone. He asked me to come down to the station and meet someone (a drug task force officer) and get the drawer to our nightstand back. I asked him what he had on me and he said that there was enough residue in the glass pipes and baggies found in the drawer to charge me with posession of meth. I said "but there was no meth" to which he replied, "no, I could charge you with posession of paraphernalia and posession of marijuana but I prefer to keep it simple and would probably just go with the one charge of posession of meth." In this state posession of meth is a felony and posession of parphernalia and marijuana are both misdameaners. He said that is why I should meet this other officer and we could work a deal. I also asked him why he seemed to be pointing the finger at me alone when it belonged to me and my boyfriend both. He said that he would probably charge us both and that I was more suited to help them out because of my boyfriend's health (he has a serious heart condition).
I put off meeting with the detective yesterday but he is expecting me to come down today to get my drawer and to meet with or set up a meeting with the "other officer." I don't know what to do. I have 2 felonys already and even the misdemeaners would put me in jail for around 6 months (I do not want to go to jail). Should I meet with the other officer, I am certain they want me to be an informant, a snitch, I cannot afford an attorney to go along with me, or should I wait and see what they charge me with first? Also are they able to charge me and my boyfriend both with the same crime? Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated, please help me.
Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">