• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

For drug charges(meth) how long does it take from arrest to trial? length of time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edmo7

What is the name of your state? California

my friend and her boyfriend was busted in Southern California last year around 11/2004 for drugs, I think meth. and they are awaiting trial. the pre trial hearings started in september 2005 but their defense lawyers have been using delay tactics so the pre trial has been delayed 3 times already with the next one being in December 2005.

My Question is, how long does this whole process usually take from beginning to end? Arrest to Trial? and what do you guys think the outcome of the sentencing will be, if they plead guilty, or if they plead not guilty? they had a child in the house who belonged to the female at the time of arrest. Any info would be great. Thanks! I've listed their charges below.....

Female:

Arrest Charges

Count Charge Severity Description Violation Date Plea

1 HS 11378 F Possession of controlled substance for sale 11/16/2004

Filed Charges

1 HS 11377(A) F Possess Controlled Substances 11/16/2004
2 HS 11370.1 F Unlaw Poss Cont Subst/Poss Fir 11/16/2004
4 PC 273A(A) F Willful harm/injury to child; endangering person/health 11/16/2004

Male:

Arrest Charges

1 HS 11370.1(A) F Unlaw Poss Cont Subst/Poss Fir 11/16/2004

Filed Charges

1 HS 11377(A) F Possess Controlled Substances 11/16/2004
2 HS 11370.1 F Unlaw Poss Cont Subst/Poss Fir 11/16/2004
3 PC F496(A) F Stolen Property/Public Service 11/16/2004

Last edited:

CdwJava

Without knowing details and evidence, nobody could possibly say what might happen.

Possible sentences can range from acquittal to state prison. What happens depends on the circumstances, prior offenses, plea bargains, etc.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">