• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Charges pending

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jerrywill

Hello,

I am currently being charged with two felonies. One felony is for possession with intent to sell marijuana (approximately 1.5 pounds) and the other is for possession with intent to sell cocaine (approximately 14g to 21g). Here is the situation; I brought drugs over to my friend Walter’s house because he said it was okay that I keep them there for the day. Another friend of mine came over earlier this day and I fronted him a quarter-pound of weed (four baggies each containing 1oz). There was no exchange of money. The police caught the person whom I fronted the weed to and then returned to Walter’s house where they kicked in his door and found my drugs later this day. They found two big ziplock bags of weed (each containing approximately 0.75 pounds) and one bag of cocaine containing 14g to 21g. These were all found in my duffle-bag. They also found two baggies of weed (each containing 1oz) outside of my duffle-bag. Walter has already been convicted on several misdemeanor charges but he was initially looking at three felonies. Two of the felonies I have already mentioned and the third felony (for harboring these drugs) was dropped to his convicted misdemeanor charges. Both of my friends said the drugs were mine and will testify against me if they have to. This happened less than two months ago. The police issued a search warrant and an arrest warrant for me. I avoided them in order to get money for an attorney until I was taken on Monday this week. The two cops that brought me in were wearing street clothes. They didn’t identify themselves as cops and they didn’t tell me I was under arrest. They didn’t say anything. They just came up to me and started to grab me. I thought I was being jumped so I tried to dislodge myself from them. One of the cops punched me to bring me under control. I didn’t fight back at all. I told them if they would’ve identified themselves then I would not have resisted hence punching me wasn’t necessary. The only witnesses I had were the rest of the police who came to secure the scene. After the skirmish they still didn’t tell me I was under arrest and never read me my rights until I was in the interrogation room. They basically told me “no names, no plea.” I have yet to give them names I know which are already implicated. I want to show them that I’m cooperating but I don’t want to be tricked or pushed for more information than I know and assumed a liar. I’m working with a public defender so I can use all the advice I can get. Look, I’m currently out of college but I’ve got less than a year to complete my bachelor’s for biochemistry. I have a clean record. I have no prior convictions pertaining to drugs. I’m also black if that helps. I’m not a dealer; this was a one-time opportunity for money for me because I was broke and living in college town 300 miles away from family. I want to avoid getting a felony out of this because I don’t want my education to be a waste of time. The only thing I can think of is to push for more jail time and probation. My friends also suggested boot camp. Thank you for your time and any helpful responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">