• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Court changing their contract midway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nameca2031

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho... I live in nampa idaho and i have been enrolled in drug court in canyon county since may of 2009. my question is i was told and have signed a paper saying that i can be out of the program in a year if i do good and follow rules. I have done everything i am suppose to and some and now they have decided to change the minimum time to be in program from one year to 18 months. i fell this is wrong considering i was about to be out in may or june now i have to be in here for another 8-9 months. ive done everything im suppose to can anyone help me figure out what i can do to fight this? iwas promised and signed a paper saying minimum 12 months and now its 18 thats wrong i should have been grandfathered in. pLease help. thank you.

justalayman

minimum 12 months. That doesn't mean you will be released after 12 months, that just means you will be engaged for at least 12 months. It says nothing about how long they can keep you engaged nor, based on what you have said, is there a mandatory release after 12 months if you meet some listed specifications.

I'm not seeing a problem here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">