• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug court Diversion Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alexanderj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Nevada

Hello, everyone.

About 4-5 months ago I was admitted into a drug diversion program after being charged with minor in possession of illicit substances (marijuana) and possession of paraphernalia. If it adds any important context to the situation, it was an extremely small amount (.11 gram), I was a minor, and I am college student.

Well, earlier last week I ashamedly was charged and plead guilty to a case of petty larceny in Reno municipal and assigned 40 hours of community service. (which I will have completed by late next week)

Besides this, I'm near my way to successful completion of the drug diversion program and have not had one positive drug test since my admission. My court date is September 1st.

I know what i did was incredibly stupid and inane, and i have no excuse for the shortsightedness of my actions. I also am extremely ashamed of my recent decisions and would appreciate it if I could get straight, non-combative responses. I would like some honest opinions on what repercussions i can expect for being charged with petit larceny when going to my post diversion trial on September 1st.

Thank you for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">