• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug possession first offence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TwinkletOes26

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

My cousin got caught driving in his car with less than an ounce of marijuana. Its his first drug charge infact his first EVER charge hes never even had a parking ticket. Anywho hes got the best lawyer in town what can we expect? Will he just get a fine and probation? Thats how much norml.com said he would get but i want a second opinion. Please no references to crystal balls lol:D

Last edited:

Antigone*

My cousin got caught driving in his car with less than an ounce of marijuana. Its his first drug charge infact his first EVER charge hes never even had a parking ticket. Anywho hes got the best lawyer in town what can we expect? Will he just get a fine and probation? Thats how much norml.com said he would get but i want a second opinion. Please no references to crystal balls lol:D
well...you're in luck...I fired my crystal ball yesterday ~ she wouldn't give me the right lotto numbers... imagine the nerve of her.:D

Well since he's got the "best lawyer in town," what is he predicting?

TwinkletOes26

I see rudeness abounds here still

:rolleyes:

anywho he hasnt met with the lawyer yet he will in two weeks (he goes to court at the end of next month) so thats why i am asking here.

Whats with the rudness here? I swear cant some people just answer the question in a civil manner?

Antigone*

:rolleyes:

anywho he hasnt met with the lawyer yet he will in two weeks (he goes to court at the end of next month) so thats why i am asking here.

Whats with the rudness here? I swear cant some people just answer the question in a civil manner?
:eek::eek::eek:OMG Wireless was not being rude to the Avon Lady.:eek::eek::eek:

You mentioned crystal balls, I told you mine would not make an appearance. You mentionted that your cousin had the "best lawyer in town" it would stand to reason that he would have an opinion. So in a civil manner I was merely attempting to get a little more information from you.

You want to know how much time lil cuz is looking at, but did you tell the forum what he is being charged with? Anywho...no you did not. Why not start there;)

note: this nice nice stuff is sickening...it is friday...I think I need a ******i.:)

Last edited:

TwinkletOes26

Still holding a grudge i see

Why am i not surprised??

Hes being charged with drug possesion is all i know.

BTW you were being rude...thats ok im not shocked or surprised since it seems to be your MO. You placed best lawyer in town in quotes....being sarcastic...as if to say you dont believe hes a qualified lawyer.

Youre still angry with me because of what went down between me,you and the other guy i cant even remember his name. BTW and update on that a REAL LAWYER saw the degrees and all told me i was well within my right to email her and tell her to get a life and whatever else i wanted to say. She went on to say that even if the other person did file charges(which they did not) it wouldnt fly in court especially since neither email was threatening and the most that would happen would be the judge would see it as a petty forum battle and tell us to stay away from each other but seeing as we are in differing states that wouldnt be too hard.

back to the matter at hand all i want to know is what should my cousin expect? I saw what norml said i just wanted a second opinion instead i get you being rude. If you werent going to answer my question then why come in here? Other than you feel you have an old score to settle.;)

I wish that pot was legal so he wouldnt have to go through this crap. Hes a good student gets straight As is going to become a pharmacist who cares if he smokes pot after school/work. Its no different than drinking a alcoholic drink. Alcohol is a drug that is much more dangerous than pot.The marijuana law is really a racist law they started by duping people into thinking that pot made mexican migrant workers lecherous and they would rape white women along with the idea that Black jazz musicians would rape white women as well. If pot was legal we could get our economy out of the slumnp it is in but i digress this is not a legalize pot forum this is a law forum so...i will step down from my activist soap box.

What should my cousin expect? Probabtion? jail? a fine ? all three? Should he try to point out he will be his class valedictorian(hes a senior in college)

Last edited:

Jobbo

First offense? Minor amount of marijuana possession? Has a good lawyer?

Caveat: I have no idea how things work in Georgia. But if he was here in NYC, he would probably get an "ACD" - meaning in 6 months the case against him would be dismissed, all records relating to it sealed, and he'd still have a blemish-free record (assuming he doesn't get in trouble in those 6 months). Good luck!

FlyingRon

First offense less than an ounce is mandatory probation and no fine. There's also a six month drivers license suspension which he can short circuit with drug classes. If he completes the probation successfully, there is a possibility the conviction will be discharged. It's nuances like this that make a lawyer advisable.

Please get off you high horse. This is the "free advice" forum and the free applies both to the recipient and the donor of the advice. If you can't pose things concisely, we can't help.

It's also not the "I wish drugs were legal" forum. Please take that attitude to NORML, which by the way could have provided the answers to your questions in less time than you've wasted here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">