• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mars4Dude

Nebraska, My girlfriend is a cosmetologist and we have been dating for six months. She told me that she got fired from her previous job in August 2005. At that time, she had to give a urine sample for a drug test at work and the results of that drug test came back inconsistent with human results. She was told the drug test did not have creatine in it, which is in every human’s urine, and she needed an explanation from her doctor. Her doctor exampled her and stated her creatine levels were just fine. She told her employer this and they fired her for refusing to take a drug test stating that she switched the sample, and would not allow her to take a second drug test as she requested. Now, the state board of Licensure is pursuing action against her cosmetology license. For failing a drug test and for not self-reporting a failed drug test to the Board of Licensure. Since I have been with her, she has never done drugs to the best of my knowledge. Can they take her cosmetology license away for this. Please share your thoughts.

Betty

I have read of occasions when a person drank so much before their urine test that it was too clean & showed no creatine - took all the "toxins" out. The specimen was too diluted. Some people who use drugs (marijuana for example) drink an excessive amt. before their urine test (+ sometimes even add a small amt. of bleach to their drinks) so their specimen shows up clean. However, sometimes they drink too much or add too much bleach from what I have read & their urine shows up too clean - no creatine. (They will fail the person because the specimen was "too clean") I don't know your girl friend but I wonder if she could have drank so much before her test that it showed no creatine. (could have been she just drank a lot or could have done it to pass test because she was afraid of a drug showing up) I believe it would have had to be an awful lot of drinking though. If her dr. has ever heard of this, maybe his opinion would carry weight & they would allow a repeat test. The co. said the specimen was not human since it had no creatine - I assume they think it was from an animal then. I guess someone could use an animal's urine to try & pass a drug test though I have never heard of this. I have heard where people try & use another person's urine. It seems when her dr. did a repeat test it was ok - apparently ok re creatine & I assume no drugs in it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">