• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smcelroy

conspiracy to distribute cocaine! Not

What is the name of your state? florida
my son was turned into the DEA stating that he was a big drug dealer. The boy that did this was just arrested for buying drugs. This boy made a deal with the DEA and got two more people who were on probation or in jail to also say he did drug deals with them. For doing this one boy was given a year off his sentence and the other one was taken off probation. They even went to his old roommate of two years and asked him if he would testify against my son. He told them my son never did or sell drugs when they roomed together and he would not say anything against him. My son is in college on the Presidents list for two years and these young men turned him in because the DEA said he set this boy up. My son did not know anythng about this. My son now is waiting sentencing and did whatever they wanted because he was so stressed out. He pleaded guilty because he was told he would go to jail for 25 years if not so he had to write everything they wanted whether he did it or not. My son is a good young man 25 he worked for a jewelry store and was even asked to drop out of school and take over management. He turned them down because he wanted his college degree. He has done everything they have asked just show them that he wasn't bad. Now, they went back to his past when he was 14 and 16 and decided one of the things they said he did was when he was on probation. so now they put 7 more years on him. I need help, something is wrong here. The person that turned him in is a major drug dealer and he lead them to believe my son was because his name was mentioned. My son did not do what this boy said he did but he is charged with conspiracy to distribute cocaine. Can this happen? He is not guilty but from what I have read if he pleaded not guilty he would probably lose in court. His lawyer told him he had a fifty fifty chance of winning after he pleaded guilty. Also one of the other lawyers represented the other young men and he knew everything my son had done in the past because of an incident that was thrown out a long time ago. My son only went to school(college) and worked full time at a major college 8 hours away from this town. Also, when my son said he would help the DEA ,his lawyer went and told his own son about mine. Then he apologized because the lawyers son went and told a drug dealer which hurt my son's chances to help them. He has helped alot, he has even gotten them about $170,000 by setting people up for them.I hope someone can help us. He goes to court in January. I hope there is something illegal here and he gets out on a technicality or the charges dropped to something that won't hurt his future. Right now my son has given up hope. He shows no emotion because he doesn't want to get his hopes up again and knows his life if over. I just don't see how people can do this just to keep themselves out of jail and blame someone that has never been arrested or caught doing any drugs. He even told the DEA when they arrested him that they must have had a boring time if they had been watching him because he never did anything. Should he withdraw his plea and take a chance of fifty fifty winning in court? If he loses he could go to prison for 15 plus years.

Last edited:

H

hmmbrdzz

I don't understand the significance of the $170,00.00. Who got this for who and for what? Secondly, if major drug dealers were busted, they know how to make deals to save their necks. If your son has ever been involved in drugs and is (or has been) associated with serious drug dealers, he's gonna fall if they're arrested. He's apparently been involved enough at some point to be arrested for conspirarcy to distribute. This is a big fall, and his future is pretty much "ruined" on account of it.

As far as what you can do now? I really don't know what to tell you. He's represented, but I could not guess as to whether it's good representation or not. As far as your hoping for a "technicality" that might "save him", I wouldn't bank on it and in fact would be prepared for the worst to happen. If someone (i.e. you or your son) has a lot of money, money can buy a lot, including a good criminal defense attorney. If you don't have the money to retain a good attorney for a charge like this, well..... you're pretty much SOL. Sorry to say that, but it's true. I wish you good luck anyhow, and I hope things will work out for you regardless of the outcome.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">