• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI, Possession, Felony;Distribution to minors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aloavera

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california, los angeles county

My friend who is 18 was driving my other friend and I home, got pulled over for allegedly not putting on his left turn signal and speeding. We had been smoking in the car, so when my friend rolled down his window a ton of smoke had come out. My friend has a medical marijuana card. Seeing as my other friend and I are minors, he got a ticket for distributing. He only had 5g on him, and the police found the blunt we had been smoking out of. My friend and I had stated that we did smoke but very little.

He's still has to go to court for two other tickets of possession and possibly another DUI charge.

what sort of sentencing would he get?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

Your friend is in deep trouble.
His medical mj card is not an exemption to the driving under the influence laws. If he provided even one puff to you kids he's guilty of all the other stuff. He's in deep trouble and is looking at jail time. He needs a lawyer.

CdwJava

What was the code section on the citation?

Oh, and his medical recommendation will be of very little value here as this has nothing to do with HIS smoking, but with him providing it to others.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">