• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dumb cops...friend dry hitting pipe...I wasn't

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sambak

What is the name of your state? Washington

My friend was dry hitting her pot pipe in the car I was driving and someone reported us. The cop pulled us over, forced my friend out of the car (without telling us what was going on) and arrested both us (and put us both in the back seat of his car). I still don't know what I'm arrested for, he refused to tell me, but I know I have court on the 16th of April. I wasn't hitting the pipe. The cops searched my car without consent and then we sat in the backseat for about a half hour. Then he said I wasn't being honest with him about not smoking and told me he wouldn't let me go unless I was honest with him. So I lied and told him I smoked, then he let us go. Neither one of us signed a ticket. I'm a minor but my friend 20. Since the cop did so many things wrong is it possible to get the charges dropped? And I talked to a lady on the phone and she said I have to sign a contract at court. What's the contract and do I have to sign it???

Silverplum

Dumb cops...friend dry hitting pipe...I wasn't

My friend was dry hitting her pot pipe in the car I was driving and someone reported us. The cop pulled us over, forced my friend out of the car (without telling us what was going on) and arrested both us (and put us both in the back seat of his car). I still don't know what I'm arrested for, he refused to tell me, but I know I have court on the 16th of April. I wasn't hitting the pipe. The cops searched my car without consent and then we sat in the backseat for about a half hour. Then he said I wasn't being honest with him about not smoking and told me he wouldn't let me go unless I was honest with him. So I lied and told him I smoked, then he let us go. Neither one of us signed a ticket. I'm a minor but my friend 20. Since the cop did so many things wrong is it possible to get the charges dropped? And I talked to a lady on the phone and she said I have to sign a contract at court. What's the contract and do I have to sign it???
Yep, those cops sure are dumb.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sambak

forced us out of the car without telling either one what was going on (big no no) to this day i'm not really sure what i was arrested for...though i think it was a paraphenilia charge. he just yelled when i asked him what was going on..., put us in the back seat together (after being arrested), let me go after i told him i was "stoned" (which doesn't make sense, if he thought i was stoned...then why would he let me drive away??? if that is apparently such a danger???), didn't make either one sign tickets therefore neither one of us agreed to the charge, he tried to make me take a blood test but i refused on the basis that i'm a minor and i wanted my mom or a lawyer. wouldn't let us go unless i talked to him (even though i'm not legally required to), he did the pat down and i'm pretty sure...not a 100 percent sure that as a female a female cop has to do the pat down....but i don't think chehalis has any female cops...
that's the basics of what he did wrong....mostly loopholes that people have told me about...

sambak

hahaha. good one.
zigner or whatever. you are useless. please don't comment if you don't have anything useful to say. thank you.
will this get off my record when i'm 18???
what are some loopholes.
i know they're out there.
i've had friends use them...
it's just a matter of finding them...
so i'd appreciate any help finding a loophole of some sort, but it might be hard since i'm not sure what i was charged with.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
hahaha. good one.
zigner or whatever. you are useless. please don't comment if you don't have anything useful to say.
Ok, how 'bout this - get off the dope and start accepting responsibility for your actions.
thank you.
My pleasure - glad I could help
will this get off my record when i'm 18???
What do you care - you're convinced you're going to use "loopholes".
what are some loopholes.
Ask you're attorney
i know they're out there.
i've had friends use them...
You need to find better friends.
t's just a matter of finding them...
Ask your lawyer for help

so i'd appreciate any help finding a loophole of some sort, but it might be hard since i'm not sure what i was charged with.
Ask your lawyer for help

Silverplum

yeah...he was, he took it off and almost forgot it though. it was a stater, so he had one of the cool hats.
Sometimes, I'm all about legalization of stonerization. :)

Every now and then, such as right now, I don't think it's the best idea ever. :rolleyes:

onelimited

as far as i have seen and heard..you pretty much screwed urself by admitting it.

Eekamouse

"Dry hitting" a pot pipe??? Hahahahahahahaha!!!! Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure your friend was. What a bunch of crap that line is. You and your friend are extremely poor liars and can't even come up with a believable story to tell people. Dry hitting a pot pipe. Hahahahahaha!!:D:D:D:D:D

onelimited

"Dry hitting" a pot pipe??? Hahahahahahahaha!!!! Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure your friend was. What a bunch of crap that line is. You and your friend are extremely poor liars and can't even come up with a believable story to tell people. Dry hitting a pot pipe. Hahahahahaha!!:D:D:D:D:D
Hittin that resssi

CdwJava

forced us out of the car without telling either one what was going on (big no no)
Please cite the WA statute or case law that says that you cannot be detained without being advised what for. You should find this is not required.

to this day i'm not really sure what i was arrested for...though i think it was a paraphenilia charge.
Next time you speak to the mystery lady on the phone, ask her what you have been charged with. It does not sound like you were arrested. You were not booked and you were not given a citation - you were not arrested.

Or, were you given a summons or citation, you were just not asked to sign anything?

he just yelled when i asked him what was going on..., put us in the back seat together (after being arrested), let me go after i told him i was "stoned" (which doesn't make sense, if he thought i was stoned...then why would he let me drive away???
You possessed paraphernalia, I don't see where he said you were stoned. YOU seem to be saying you were stoned.

he did the pat down and i'm pretty sure...not a 100 percent sure that as a female a female cop has to do the pat down
That's not required.

Talk to an attorney.

- Carl

zigner or whatever. you are useless.

Wow. Hey Zigner, I'll bet you were shocked to find that you have no use, eh? Well, as one of the thousands I'm sure you philanthropists here help on a near hourly basis, I sure was amazed to learn of your uselessness. So, were you in a horrid car accident, leaving you a mere vegetable only to drool on yourself for the rest of your natural life? Probably not. Hmmm...

Do you golf? You should definately start, being useless would give you plenty of free time, right?

Oh, oh, oh, I get it now. I think the OP means useless as in, you have yet to achieve the productivity level of them. You know, as a minor I'm sure you weren't able to lie to the police about your incessant drug use, manage to 'dry hit' a pipe while driving, get some sort of record for said drug use, again, all while being a minor. Zigner, you've got a lot of catching up to do if you want to truly start being usefull. Shame, shame, shame, I'm rather disappointed Zigner. :( <---------My sad, disappointed face.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">