• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Early Resolution Offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

linuxchic

I recieved a letter of Early Resolution and am not sure exactly what it means. The lawyer I was dealing with is not avalibe till late next week. And I need to respond to this before than. If anyone could just explain the basics of this letter I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
the letter it selfs says.....
File No.: ******
Letter To T** ******

I have reviewed the above file(s) and I am prepared to make the following second offer to resolve the matter: The first offer mailed Feb 5 2009 is revoked.

Information No. ************-01-001/002

Guilty Plea: Counts #1 -lesser and included offence of 4 (1) CDSA to be entered no later than March 10 2009

Withdraw: Counts #2 upon completion of sentencing

All facts to be read in pursuant to s. 725(1) CC

Crown Offer:
$2000 fine plus victim surcharge, on join sentencing situation
$3000 fine plus victim surchrage, on non joint sentensing situation

Terms to include: Forteifure of items seized by Police
DNA Order
Other: Weapons prohibition under s 109 CC
(all 3 terms have a line through them )

Additional Notes
-open for acceptance in writing untill March 6 2009 and no later

Last edited:

linuxchic

deal

I want to take the deal, i am just unclear what the deal is. I dont know what joint and non joint sentencing means.
I am also really confused how I went from a 2 year prison sentence to a fine.
This deal seems to go to be true. I just want to know it is exactly what it says it is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">