• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Early Termination of Deferred Adjudication in Texas (Poss marij < 2oz) (1/2 gram)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texasterminatio

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I was placed on 1 year deferred adjudication on July 11th of 2016 for possessing under a gram of marijuana, I am approaching January 11th 6 months and will have my court fees paid off in full. I understand I just have to be current on my supervision fees Which I am. I was given no community service, but was required to take the DOEC and I completed that in October. I have only been drug tested once, which I passed. I have never been late to a meeting or caused any trouble, and after the completion of the DOEC the program director told me I was on low risk probation and they didn't think I had any chance of re-offending. I was arrested when I was 19, I am now 20, a full time college student with a job and I play a sport for my school. I am curious if I petition what the chances of an early release are. Our season starts here in February so I will be traveling with the team and I understand each time I leave the county I must get permission from my PO, but I will be leaving the county often and I think it may get to be a nuisance for my officer because she has more important stuff to deal with. Anything helps Thanks

texasterminatio

Anything in that paragraph that doesn't make sense or looks out of line has parenthesis around it and is just a side comment. My apologies, the parenthesis didn't carry over.

CavemanLawyer

A judge can grant a motion for early termination of a deferred probation (on an offense like yours) at any time. You have served 50% of your sentence and have completed all of your conditions so you are as good a candidate as any. But it is impossible to answer your question because early terminating is entirely up to the discretion of the Judge. Maybe your judge is just a stickler and never grants its. There is no way for us to know. If you have a good relationship with your probation officer then you should ask him or her. They may even be willing to testify on your behalf or recommend early termination at the hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">