• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Boyfriend threatening to press drug charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buckeye13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My ex boyfriend is threatening to press charges against me for taking 1 of his vicodin pills. I took it from the bottle without asking at first, but held onto it and later that day asked if it would be ok to take it due to a migraine. He gave me permission to go ahead and take it. Now that we have broke up, he is threatening to file charges against me, unless I come back to him. Do I need to be worried about this or does he not have a case against me?

Proserpina

My ex boyfriend is threatening to press charges against me for taking 1 of his vicodin pills. I took it from the bottle without asking at first, but held onto it and later that day asked if it would be ok to take it due to a migraine. He gave me permission to go ahead and take it. Now that we have broke up, he is threatening to file charges against me, unless I come back to him. Do I need to be worried about this or does he not have a case against me?

Goodness gracious me. How exactly does he believe he's going to prove anything?

Ignore him COMPLETELY! Stop all contact. He's trying to manipulate you.

Do not worry about this!

Antigone*

Tell him to prove it and then to pound sand.

eta: Never take prescription medication that does not belong to you.

swalsh411

If contacted by the police, say nothing, no matter what they say. They may try the old trick of "we don't care if you did it, we just have to get your side of the story so we can close the case." or "it will be a lot worse for you if you don't answer the questions." Don't buy it. Simple say you will not be answering any of their questions.

aardvarc

You might also mention to him that for all intents and purposes, he distributed the narcotic, and police will be MUCH more interested in the party who DISPURSED the narcotis than the one who consumed them. If he wants to call police and tell them he's been giving his prescription medication to others, more power to him (because that's functionally what he'd be doing).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">