• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex drug dealer 's girlfriend needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zodiac

I have somewhat of a major problem here. You see, about 5 years ago, I met my ex boyfriend (through drug association).
He and I had a relationship for about 3 years. He was one of the major drug dealers in my area...never got caught or arrested for anything. But of course, he been wanted for quite some time. Even though he quit his business dealings a few years back ...and he and I moved to another country...little did he know that the DEA had something on him. On his last shipment (which was years ago), the DEA busted his operation and had one of the guys wired who agreed to work for them. Although it wasnt my ex who was being recorded, it was two of the other major 'players' in his group who were being recorded and admitted (unknowingly)
to the whole operation. Before I moved away with my ex a few years back, he bought me a birthday gift (a CONDO). It was not purchased in his name or even purchased (physically) by him....but I am definite the DEA knows where this condo came from. Well......he and I are no longer together. I came back home to try and change my life and get away from it all. I never sold the condo and have been living in it since. Now that there are Indictments out for my ex and 3 other people involved in this alleged drug ring.....I am worried what will happen to me. I was never involved in any of his business dealings, but I know that I may in as much trouble for accepting any gifts which came from drug money.....for example, my car....or anything else which is valuable that I own. I have been approached by the DEA already and they want me to come in to answer some questions. I am worried what to expect. I am sure they would turn things around and try and get me to testify against my ex if I can help them in anyway. They have not picked up my ex yet. He is in another country, although there are extradition rights between the US and this country. I know its just a matter of time. Meanwhile, I am scared to go to work and come home to find my condo locked. Is this a possibility? Even if it is in my name? Do they have the right to do this? And exactly what danger am I facing for my involvement in all of this? Any advice would be appreciated. I have talked to a lawyer....but I cannot afford to retain him, although I wish i could at this point. I really dont know what to do. My ex and I havent been together for 2 years now since I left him. But I see that the past has come back to haunt me. I dont know what to do. Help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">