• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expunging possession of drugs in ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freshstartinoh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio

In 2000, I was a passenger in a vehicle and we were pulled over. The driver of the car did not have a lisence and the owner of the vehicle said yes when the officer asked if he could search the inside. The officer found less than 1 gram of marijuana and a pack of rolling papers in my purse. The officer asked me and my two friends if we would become informants, took our pictures and then told us to go home. No tickets were issued to any of us... I later found out it was because one of my friends said they would be an informant; if he gave a ticket to me and my other friend but not the one who said yes we would have known. I thought we were in the clear until a few months later when we all recieved summons to appear in court. I pleaded no contest. Years later I got a backround check for a job and my charge was Drug Abuse but when I look online my charge says Possession of Drugs.

Today, I am attending college and will graduate in the Spring of 2010. I also have 2 kids and have not been in trouble with the law since the incident in 2000. I am completely rehabilitated and have been clean for 8 years. Removing the barrier this charge has put up for me is necessary (I am not employable in my field with this charge on my record) in order to improve the quality of life for myself and my two children. What can I do to get my record "expunged", and what is the probability that I will be sucessful in doing so? Also, how do the charges of Drug Abuse, Possession of Drugs, and Possession of Marijuana differ? Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">