• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Facing possession charge of coccaine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrphlly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I was driving my car, and pulled over for aggressive passing on a parkway where i live...

When the police man pulled me over, I reached in the glove box for my registration and closed it back, there was an officer at my window and an officer at my passenger window. A mercedes coupe so you can see throught the whole interior from one window. The officers walked away, and then they walked back. The officer on my passenger side noticed what looked to be a dime bag in my glove as i opened it.

I had let someone borrow my car and new nothing about it.. They tested it, positive for powder.....

ok here is what im confused about- They drove me in for processing before they brought out the K9 to search the car. My wallet was left in the car with about 940 bucks in it...

then my car was parked in the church parking lot, by an officer...

The police men that took me in were very pleasant, because i wasnt a criminal... I have no prior charges at all.. never been locked up or in trouble with the law....

I went before a magistrate, and she gave me a 1000 dollar bond within 1 hour of being arrested, based on me and the information she had.

My question to you is how should i go about this? I have brothers who have been situations like this and they tell me to bite the charge and take a plea,

I have also heavily considered getting an attorney to fight the case and advise me of my rights....

I do know that if my wallet was in my car and it was not evidence in my case, the arresting office should not have driven it to the station with all my money in it, simply because there was 300 dollars missing in it.

also considering the amount of it, and my clear background, and working and student history, what will I be facing....

thankyou for your advice....

Last edited:

The Driver

First thing I would do is seek some help for your cocaine addiction. That will probably include finding a new circle of friends who might be asking to borrow your car. Help with you addiction will look good should you decide to test the court system. And, who knows it might even help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

The officer on my passenger side noticed what looked to be a dime bag in my glove as i opened it.

I had let someone borrow my car and new nothing about it.. They tested it, positive for powder.....
Sounds like possession to me. You were in the car. The drugs were in the car with you.

They aren't charging you with ownership. They're charging you with possession.

100 percent pure *******. 100 percent pure isnt snorted its cut up and banged with somethin else aaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd ttthhhhheeeennnnnnnn its bagged ****in nut
This guy has addict or dealer written all over him. OP, why would the police only take 300 out of your wallet and return the rest? I bet you were so high you had no clue how much money you had. I seriously doubt you had 100% pure cocaine, if you did then there is more to this story that you have yet to tell. You are obviously a drug user and addict, you are going to be convicted. You are guilty of possession and telling a judge it was a friends will not get you out of your charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">