• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to pay drug court fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scoobys

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? conn.
My friend was charged with possession of Marijuana 2 months ago. he was supposed to pay $350 last week in order to start drug classes. When he showed up, he didn't have the money he was ordered to have the last time he was in court. The judge said he needs to have the money in 3 weeks. What happens if he still doesn't have the money at the next court date?

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? conn.
My friend was charged with possession of Marijuana 2 months ago. he was supposed to pay $350 last week in order to start drug classes. When he showed up, he didn't have the money he was ordered to have the last time he was in court. The judge said he needs to have the money in 3 weeks. What happens if he still doesn't have the money at the next court date?
Judges do not take kindly to people taking advantage of their kindness. He may end up in jail.

dave33

Tell your friend he better think of something. Sounds like it's the classes or jail. I am sure the judge has heard every excuse. Tell him to at the very least get something (half or so) than plead for a little more time. If he absolutely cannot come up with the full amount, than he needs to show an honest effort at starting the classes. In my opinion that's his best and only hope.goodlouck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">