• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Forfeiture

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MCKYMSE

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My husband was flying back from N. Carolina with $12,800 cash on him. They ?'d him at the gate about the money and let him board. They called ahead to Phx Sky Harbor to let A.T.F. know that he was carrying a large sum. When he got off the plane they stopped to question him. Now he's had a prior conviction of an "illegal enterprise" 6 years ago. (Because of knowing about the illegal enterprise was why he was charged. He didn't serve any jail time, and received probation, which he is no longer on.)

They gave him no reason for seizing his money. I assume it's because he had a prior conviction. So in other words....Once a felon always a felon??? That's unfair!

They told him that he would be getting his money back in about 3 -4 weeks...after the bank counts it and checks for counterfeit. Nice way of putting it.

Any suggestions on getting our money back???:( :confused: :mad:

JETX

Based solely on the little information in your post, I really don't see any reason for them to confiscate the money. I do have to ask though.... where did the money come from?? And can he prove it??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">