• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feds bust college kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nc_feds

What is the name of your state? NC

i was offroading with my friend and his girlfriend. we were having a great time, until we took a wrong turn and ended up on some gravel road. to make a long story short, we found ourselves on federal property pulled over by federal law enforcement. (the suv looked like a border control tahoe) he pulled us over for a seatbeat violation, then my friend said that we had been drinking and we had been smoking just a little, earlier. i dont know why, but he felt compelled to be honest. cop searched the car and found the pot and the pipe. in the end he gave us all yellow carbon copies of "United States District Court Violation Notice" slips with the offense description "simple possession/consumption of a controlled substance" he never arrested us, instead he said he gave us a break bc we all had a clean record and are sophmores in college with notable majors. he said, if we just pay the fine, this will all go away. no record of anything available to employers. the only way anyone would find out is if another fed pulled up our record. is this all true? does this make me a felon if i pay the fine?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">