• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony 5 Marijuana Trafficking in Ohio. Less than 28 grams.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChrisEff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

In Ohio I was arrested for distributing marijuana 7 grams, an undercover saw me meet someone and pulled us over, I gave him the $25 from the transaction. I also had about 15-20 grams in the car with me that they took. I was arrested and released from jail after 48 hours. Me and the other guy never wrote a statement, I received my indictment papers today saying I am being charged with two counts of marijuana trafficking. One for selling the 7 grams and one for having the 20 grams on me. I spoke to a lawyer he said its not that serious he should be able to get it reduced to a misdemeanor. I would just like to hear a second opinion from someone law affiliated. I know I won't do time but I really need it to be reduced to a misdemeanor. They only caught me with 28 or less grams do you think it will stick in court? Like I said me and the buyer never wrote a statement. All the evidence they have is the couple bags under 30 grams, and the $25. I have been told by numerous people to fight the charge and they will drop the charges or throw it out all together because of the low amount of marijuana. I am also tight for cash right now. I was told a public defender could probably get me a misdermeanor out of this. I was also told if I could come up with enough money a higher class lawyer could maybe get the whole case thrown out.. I just need advice.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

In Ohio I was arrested for distributing marijuana 7 grams, an undercover saw me meet someone and pulled us over, I gave him the $25 from the transaction. I also had about 15-20 grams in the car with me that they took. I was arrested and released from jail after 48 hours. Me and the other guy never wrote a statement, I received my indictment papers today saying I am being charged with two counts of marijuana trafficking. One for selling the 7 grams and one for having the 20 grams on me. I spoke to a lawyer he said its not that serious he should be able to get it reduced to a misdemeanor. I would just like to hear a second opinion from someone law affiliated. I know I won't do time but I really need it to be reduced to a misdemeanor. They only caught me with 28 or less grams do you think it will stick in court? Like I said me and the buyer never wrote a statement. All the evidence they have is the couple bags under 30 grams, and the $25. I have been told by numerous people to fight the charge and they will drop the charges or throw it out all together because of the low amount of marijuana. I am also tight for cash right now. I was told a public defender could probably get me a misdermeanor out of this. I was also told if I could come up with enough money a higher class lawyer could maybe get the whole case thrown out.. I just need advice.
Depends on the court. In my county, they won't drop it to a misdemeanor. A higher class lawyer? Oh okay. Those high charging attorneys went to the same law schools as the public defender. You are kidding yourself if you think the price of the attorney means a lot.

ChrisEff

I am in montgomery county, and I have been told by numerous people that it can be fought because the amount of marijuana was so low. And also due to lack of statements from me and the buyer. I have had experience with hired attorneys and public defenders both. I just get the impressions the hired attorneys take more interest in your case.

ChrisEff

I actually have a friend who got caught with 14 lbs and did 1 year in prison. He laughed at me when I told him how much I was caught with. He said that should have been a ticket.. lol

ChrisEff

I Actually spoke to numerous lawyers that said considering the small amount of marijuana in the transaction that i should be able to get this charge reduces easily. Everyone I spoke to said Jail time is definitely not going to happen and at WORST I would get supervised probation.

Proserpina

I am in montgomery county, and I have been told by numerous people that it can be fought because the amount of marijuana was so low. And also due to lack of statements from me and the buyer. I have had experience with hired attorneys and public defenders both. I just get the impressions the hired attorneys take more interest in your case.

You have a previous, lengthy criminal record?

ChrisEff

I have a previous record but NO felonies. All misdermeanors. (<inor posessions or weed or disorderly conducts.) I actually just landed a job that does extensive background checks a month ago. So I know my record isn't that terrible.

ChrisEff

My arrest record looks alot worse than my conviction record if that makes sense. I have been charged with felonies on numerous occasions but they always get reduced misdemeanors for lack of evidence etc. So if your asking if I am a felon the answer is no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">