• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony charge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbllrnsplogsdon

What is the name of your state? wa
Back in nov. of 2001 I got pulled over and caught with no license, no insurance, speeding, a warrant for my arrest and possession of uncontrolled substance ( i had an 1/8 of an ounce of cubensis on me) in the city of orting. They charged me with a class c felony for the mushrooms and I dont understand why when everyone i talk to says that it is just a misdemeanor. I now am married, have four kids, and am clean and this charge has haunted me not allowing me to get jobs i am well qualified for and i cant get my family into an apartment because i have a felony. what can i do to get it changed and what is it, if any reason at all, that would make it a felony? I dont understand because when i was looking at state laws if you possess less than 40 grams of marijuana its a misdemeanor but i only had 4 grams of cubensis under my seat.

Last edited:

fairisfair

okay, so they charged you with a felony, apparently you were either found or plead guilty.
what is your question, what can you do about what? and is it a felony? apparently.

weenor

bbllrnsplogsdon said:
Back in nov. of 2001 I got pulled over and caught with no license, no insurance, speeding, a warrant for my arrest and possession of uncontrolled substance ( i had an 1/8 of an ounce of cubensis on me) in the city of orting. They charged me with a felony for the mushrooms and I dont understand why when everyone i talk to says that it is just a misdemeanor. I now am married, have four kids, and am clean and this charge has haunted me not allowing me to get jobs i am well qualified for and i cant get my family into an apartment because i have a felony. what can i do and is it a felony?

What were you convicted of?

Betty

bbllrnsplogsdon said:
Back in nov. of 2001 I got pulled over and caught with no license, no insurance, speeding, a warrant for my arrest and possession of uncontrolled substance ( i had an 1/8 of an ounce of cubensis on me) in the city of orting. They charged me with a class c felony for the mushrooms and I dont understand why when everyone i talk to says that it is just a misdemeanor. I now am married, have four kids, and am clean and this charge has haunted me not allowing me to get jobs i am well qualified for and i cant get my family into an apartment because i have a felony. what can i do to get it changed and what is it, if any reason at all, that would make it a felony? I dont understand because when i was looking at state laws if you possess less than 40 grams of marijuana its a misdemeanor but i only had 4 grams of cubensis under my seat.
You got caught with no license, no ins., speeding, a warrant for your arrest & possession of uncontrolled substance & all you want is a misdemeanor? What was the warrant for your arrest for & had you had any prior arrests for possession of uncontrolled substances? Why did you not have a license - might it had been suspended/revoked due to prior traffic violations?

bbllrnsplogsdon

i didnt have a license because i didnt care about getting one at the time because i was a very foolish kid who only cared about getting high for the most part. My warrant was for residential burglary in bellingham but there was no evidence so they dropped the charges. the only charge i had before was while i was going to an alternative school someone had reported seeing me with some bags of weed and when they searched me they found some seeds and stems. so i have a misdemeanor for seeds and stems. the only other things that i have is a i think class b felony for destroying my high schools 3 million dollar computer system with a virus and a mip for my pipe in school and maybe an assault but that was just for kicking my brother and those were all when i was a minor.

moburkes

bbllrnsplogsdon said:
i didnt have a license because i didnt care about getting one at the time because i was a very foolish kid who only cared about getting high for the most part. My warrant was for residential burglary in bellingham but there was no evidence so they dropped the charges. the only charge i had before was while i was going to an alternative school someone had reported seeing me with some bags of weed and when they searched me they found some seeds and stems. so i have a misdemeanor for seeds and stems. the only other things that i have is a i think class b felony for destroying my high schools 3 million dollar computer system with a virus and a mip for my pipe in school and maybe an assault but that was just for kicking my brother and those were all when i was a minor.
You're kidding, right?

weenor

bbllrnsplogsdon said:

Although this is a lovely story, it is irrelevant. YOU were convicted of a felony and it just doesn't go away. Although I doubt that there would be a possibility of expungement for a felony, call a local lawyer and find out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">