• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Charges??!??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sfsd

What is the name of your state? South Dakota

Someone I thought was my buddy came to my place twice and I sold under an eighth each time, turns out he was working with some cops to get himself out of some charges...They came to my place and my girlfriend was in the shower, there was 7 male cops, no females and everything is under her name, was wonding if they should of had a female cop present??
They searched my place and found a couple of baggies with residue, a scale, and a bong....I contacted an attorney and it's been 2 months now and nothing.....what should I expect???

Some Random Guy

Police are not expected to bring specific gender personnel unless they expect to do an in depth search of the person. The fact that your girlfriend was naked when the police arrived doesn't make them liable for seeing her naked.

You should expect to have to talk to your attorneys to find out the specific charges against you and the expected jailtime based on your prior convictions.

sfsd

I haven't had any prior convictions and I contacted my attorney and he doesn't know charges, jail time, court date**************I assume I would be looking at distribution.....I don't know what to expect for jail time??? Are they just going to come to my home or work one day and arrest me??? Can my girlfriend get arrested since everything is under her name??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">