• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony drug charge 2nd felony, 1rst drug charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

izzy625

What is the name of your state? Michigan

One night my boyfriend and I were giving a ride to a neighbor that we didn't really no very well(mistake). I was driving and pulled over for not stopping at a stop sign, it was the local drug task force and they had us all get out of the car to do a search. We had nothing on us however the guy we gave a ride to left his crack under the seat and when it was found they tried to arrest me cause I was the driver. The other guy at this point was already in the back of a patrol car for a warrent he had out. When they went to arrest me my boyfriend said to arrest him and that it was his because he didn't want them taking my child into custody(he is not her father) and knew it belonged to the other guy.

He was released the next day without being charged, then a month later the police showed up at his work and arreseted him and charged him with felony possession of a narcotic under 25 grams. This is my boyfriends second felony.

He had a misdimeanor charge of larceny and got probation which he absconded on. He was caught, jailed, released and fuffilled his sentance the right way and was taken off probation, but now has a felony on his record. He was not on probation at the time of this second arrest. Because of the first felony his sentance has been doubled if he is convicted. This all has happend over the last 2-3 years. He has not been off probation for all that long.

Prior to his arrest we bought a house and I will surley loose my house if he has to go to jail there is no way I could afford it on my own. I don't know what to prepare for.

His attorney acts like this is no big deal and that he should plead not guilty and he will get a plea bargin. I am terrified. Our family could loose much more than just his freedom.

Does it make it worse that he claimed the drugs to be his?

Does anyone know if jail/prison time is likely?

The neighborhood we were in is a known drug area, and I just don't feel confidant that a plea bargin is coming or that he would get a good plea bargin. Anyone have any suggestions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">