• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony as a misdemenor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bubbysmomma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana. I was charged with a felony of posessing needles, I have a plea coming up and i heard it can be reduced as a misdemeanor but my lawyer isnt sure if Im eligible. Does anyone know the law if i never had a felony before?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana. I was charged with a felony of posessing needles, I have a plea coming up and i heard it can be reduced as a misdemeanor but my lawyer isnt sure if Im eligible. Does anyone know the law if i never had a felony before?
Well, there's pre-trial diversion programs, such as this one in Monroe County: http://www.co.monroe.in.us/tsd/Justice/Prosecutor/PreTrialDiversionProgramPDP.aspx

Or you could read here: http://www.awmlaw.com/How-To-Have-An-Indiana-Felony-Reduced-To-A-Misdemeanor.shtml -- I have no affiliation to the site, just providing info.

And you lawyer isn't sure if you're eligible? :eek: S/He would rather internet strangers do the work, I s'pose. :rolleyes: All I did was google "reduce felony to misdemeanor." Your attorney sounds like a lazy moron.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOu have a lawyer. Listen to him/her. Also for the rest, POSTING HISTORY matters.

bubbysmomma

I didnt mean to say that he didnt know about the law, just that I asked him and he didnt know yet and had to find out. I just want to find out so Ill know how much probation I will have. Thank you

justalayman

II just want to find out so Ill know how much probation I will have. Thank you
I wouldn't be getting on that horse quite so fast and I would not expect only probation if jail time is available. There is no guarantee it would be reduced to a misdemeanor and there is no guarantee you would not receive jail time if it is possible for whatever the misdemeanor involved would be.

OHRoadwarrior

As your buddy was charged, I think the police know the purpose of the needles as does the prosecutor. Based on that, I see no reason for a reduction of the charges. Remember this post in your past?
i am not diabetic and neither is the person that was riding in my car.

well on the one hand im trying not to admit to anything in case they ever saw my messages here. but the cop wrote me up for possession of opiate even though that charge is not filed on me. me and syringes and opiates have a long history, but i have never been arrested for it before. i hope that answers the question.

dave33

If poss. of a needle and syringe in your state is a felony I do not see how it could be reduced to a misd. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">