• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony possession of a controlled substance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

in-cog-ni-to

What is the name of your state? FL

My husband was arrested on the charges listed above, he is not aware that I know because we are in the process of a divorce but I found the info on the clerk of the courts website. We are in a custody battle which you could imagine I'm winning - I'm just trying to protect our child from the element of drugs.

ANYWAY - He spent 5 years in prision before I met him - he was supposed to be on probation for 10 years but was recently granted early termination (5 years)of probation. (even though he used illicit drugs on a regualr basis - somehow he passed the drug tests)

His rap sheet is pretty long with various felonies - never any drug charges but he was labled habitual. I am wondering what this new arrest will do to him. Do you think that he will see more jail time? Probation? or do you think that they will reduce it? Since he was only released from probation about 5 weeks ago - is there anyway that he has violated something? Are they going to be harder on him because of his past?

Also, is there a way that I can find out from the police department more details on the arrest - like what drug was it and where he was arrested? I'm pretty sure what drug it is but i'd like to know what form it was.

Thanks in advance.

in-cog-ni-to

Anyone With Any Thoughts?

I don't care if you can't tell me 100% what will happen - just entertain me with the wonderous possibilities! INDULGE ME! LOL! I'm dying to get this guy out of my hair for a while and I think a year in jail would give me clarity. Being married to a crack addict is a humilitating life and I want out and the least I have to see him the better!!!!!

Just Blue

I don't care if you can't tell me 100% what will happen - just entertain me with the wonderous possibilities! INDULGE ME! LOL! I'm dying to get this guy out of my hair for a while and I think a year in jail would give me clarity. Being married to a crack addict is a humilitating life and I want out and the least I have to see him the better!!!!!
Well...He will most likely spend some time in prison. But your issue is a custody one...And for that he would have to be found GUILTY. Until he is convicted his arrest will have very little affect on the custody case. Even IF found guilty and after he gets out of prison the only real affect will be a brief supervised visitation.

in-cog-ni-to

I already have sole custody

I am really asking more about what should happen to him because I've already been granted temoprary sole custody of our son and he has supervised visits. I want to know if he's facing jail. I'd love it if he'd go to jail for a year.... what do you think?

outonbail

ANYWAY - He spent 5 years in prision before I met him
His rap sheet is pretty long with various felonies - never any drug charges but he was labled habitual.
Sounds like a real catch, there must have been a line of women beating a path to his door, all hoping to marry this guy,,,,,

I'm dying to get this guy out of my hair
So it didn't work out,,,,, now there's a surprise!

Being married to a crack addict is a humilitating life
Really? Who would have ever thought????

Thanks for the heads up!
I bet you'll wise right up and stick with the white collar criminals after this enlightening experience huh?
Of course, one bad apple doesn't make them all bad does it?
On the other hand, I've always found that if you shop at the pound, you'll probably buy a dog.
Not that owning a dog is a bad thing,,, but you shouldn't be surprised if you can't stop him from crapping in your yard, attracting other dogs or chasing cats!:D

in-cog-ni-to

LOL, I totally expected someone to state the obvious. Quite honestly, I knew him in middle school and he was normal - he seemed like a perfect man when we got back together just five years ago - he didn't drink or do drugs and he was totally believable about the direction that he was going. Since I'd known him in middle school and high school I trusted him. I was foolish, but there's no since looking back and crying about it - I'm cleaning house and moving on. I can't dwell on this mistake that I made (marrying him) I just have to do what is best for me and my son. The reason that I stayed this long is because his loaded family had me convinced that I had to help him. Now I don't talk to any of them. They can take their money and shove it up thier poop shoot. Now, if you'd like to post something helpful....I'm waiting! :D

in-cog-ni-to

I've decided that I don't care about the child support - though I am getting a pretty penny at this time... $1150 per month per temporary court order. He 'works' for his family and gets paid $2000 per week - which I was able to prove but his family have now reduced his pay to $2600 every 2 weeks.... just so that they can reduce his child support. If I can't afford to live here because he wants to do this I could care less - I'll just move out of state to live with my father until I can graduate college (nursing).
Thanks for posting guys! Even the smart a$$ remarks!!!

So you REALLY THINK that he's going to go back!!!!!!!?????? REALLY REALLY REALLY? I'm almost giddy about it!!! How many years or months? I wouldn't be so calloused about it but YOU COULD IMAGINE WHAT I've had to deal with.

outonbail

I'd love it if he'd go to jail for a year.... what do you think?
I think you embrace a strange kind of love. Not to be rude, but it doesn't sound like the type of love that comes from the heart, you know what I mean?

In fact, your post doesn't read like you want to get away from this guy near as much as you want to see him suffer.

Personally, as difficult as it may be, I say it's best to just let it go.

But then I was never one to get much enjoyment out of other people suffering,,,,,,,,

So this reply might not be all that helpful either. If not, I apologize, I just have a difficult time with being helpful on Sundays. But I should be right back to normal by tomorrow,,,, dishing out help and support by the truck load! :D

Just Blue

I've decided that I don't care about the child support - though I am getting a pretty penny at this time... $1150 per month per temporary court order. He 'works' for his family and gets paid $2000 per week - which I was able to prove but his family have now reduced his pay to $2600 every 2 weeks.... just so that they can reduce his child support. If I can't afford to live here because he wants to do this I could care less - I'll just move out of state to live with my father until I can graduate college (nursing).

So you REALLY THINK that he's going to go back!!!!!!!?????? REALLY REALLY REALLY? I'm almost giddy about it!!! How many years or months? I wouldn't be so calloused about it but YOU COULD IMAGINE WHAT I've had to deal with.
You might want to get some mental help...This is your child father despite his addictions. It is unhealthy to have this kind of outlook. Think of your child and how your glee will affect her!

BTW: I do know what it is like to deal with an addict...But I can't imagine "hoping" he will f up so that my child doesn't see her Dad.

outonbail

Seniorjudge wasn't being a smart a$$, he was being truthful!

Are you sure you want to divorce this guy? I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY sure?
Because I just have to believe that you two are actually made for each other,,,,, I can't imagine either of you finding a more deserving partner,,,,,,

in-cog-ni-to

Now, remember - you are only reading my post and it is hard to really show who I am - originally I wanted only to be away from him - but since my filing for divorce he has done everything in his power to create problems for me. Because of him, we may have to foreclose on the house - either way if we do sell the house for what we owe - there will be no money left - he opened cc's in my name and racked them up, I need not go on because you could just fill in the blank frankly - So, while he has done all of this - I have been compassionate to him. Prior to the court order being signed he asked me to bring our son over - I did so with no problem - when I got there - there were drugs on the floor of the room that he wanted to play with our son. He wants to fight me because I have asked for supervised visitations and the judge granted it on the evidence that I provided. But being constantly bullied by him (at least attempts) tends to wear a person thin. If you think that he is some innocent man who is only polite to me than think again. I never throw anything into his face like he tries to do to me constantly - If he would just go away to jail - I can live a peaceful life. PS... I can't wait to hear TOMORROW's post from you!!!!:confused:

in-cog-ni-to

I would hope that you would know that I wasn't accusing him of being a smart a$$ - I was just appreciating all of you guys that post - even the smarty ones.

I'm so glad that you guys haven't gone through what I have gone through - now, if you think that it is in a child's best interest to be constntly subjected to the element of drugs than I think you need to be evaluated yourself. As a mother, it is my duty to protect my child from the dangers that exist with a drug addict. If you don't think that is a fact then I hope that you don't have children.

When I go to bed at night I will rest easy knowing that I did all that I could to protect my child - any child for that matter.

Wow, what a friendly bunch of folks I've stumbled upon. There are times that people post words during times - just venting and you lovely folks have turned me into a viscious animal.

One thought that I did have is that I have posted in the drug section and some of you that are posting may be the ones on drugs so that would explain your agression.

Thanks anyway for posting on my thread. I enjoy everyone's views.....

outonbail

Because of him, we may have to foreclose on the house - either way if we do sell the house for what we owe - there will be no money left - he opened cc's in my name and racked them up,
I thought this guy was making $2,000.00 a week?

I thought you were pulling in a pretty penny?

I lied about tomorrow being a better day for me to provide advice, so you probably won't like tomorrow's replies any more than today's.

You see when I read things like this:
I am getting a pretty penny at this time... $1150 per month per temporary court order. He 'works' for his family and gets paid $2000 per week - which I was able to prove but his family have now reduced his pay to $2600 every 2 weeks.... just so that they can reduce his child support. If I can't afford to live here because he wants to do this I could care less - I'll just move out of state to live with my father
I have to wonder why the thought of getting a job hasn't been considered as an option. Is your daddy loaded too?

So tomorrow I will probably post that you sound like a bitter, lazy, gold digging POS.

in-cog-ni-to

Did I lead you to believe that I wasn't working? I'm sorry sweety. I also recieve the child support payment from him that was court ordered. (which I find to be more than most people's CS) And YES, my dear husband has screwed us financially. Is this hard to believe? You are so lucky that you are perfect. Maybe you are a crack addict yourself and that is why you are so sore about this subject. Either way - I'm amazed that I have been attacted because I want to have a drug addict removed from my life -

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">