• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Possession of Marijuana ... 1st offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuler369

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was stopped for speeding. Although the officer offered to show me radar, and I accepted, I did not get to view it. Which probably doesn't matter. Just like the fact he searched my vehicle without consent, after I was being arrested for "no proof of Insurance" which was in the glove box. That didn't matter either because my tag was coming back as "suspended registration"...? So, after he cuffed me and put me in his back seat... he informed me he was going to search my car, without my consent. When he did, he found one bag of marijuana somewhere in the back. So, I am now facing "felony possession of Marijuana" charges.

Does anybody have any idea what they are going to do to me????? This is my first time being charged with this.

Should I try to hire a lawyer/ get a public defender/ just plea guilty?????

HomeGuru

shuler369 said:

I was stopped for speeding. Although the officer offered to show me radar, and I accepted, I did not get to view it. Which probably doesn't matter. Just like the fact he searched my vehicle without consent, after I was being arrested for "no proof of Insurance" which was in the glove box. That didn't matter either because my tag was coming back as "suspended registration"...? So, after he cuffed me and put me in his back seat... he informed me he was going to search my car, without my consent. When he did, he found one bag of marijuana somewhere in the back. So, I am now facing "felony possession of Marijuana" charges.

Does anybody have any idea what they are going to do to me????? This is my first time being charged with this.

Should I try to hire a lawyer/ get a public defender/ just plea guilty?????
**A: they'll hang you boy. Remeba, yous in Jorge ah.

shuler369

are you serious?!?!?!

What if I hire a lawyer???? Good God man, there has to be something I can do ... plea "First Offender" or something! ?

HomeGuru

shuler369 said:
are you serious?!?!?!

What if I hire a lawyer???? Good God man, there has to be something I can do ... plea "First Offender" or something! ?

**A: yes, hire the best criminal defense attorney you can.

Shay-Pari'e

Did you forget about the gun? Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

#1 04-15-2006, 10:35 AM
shuler369
Junior Member Join Date: Apr 2006

rights violated from the start...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to legislative bill #HB 1256, in the state of Georgia, suspects have the right to view and inspect reading. The officer offered to show me the reading, I accepted, he returned to his car then returned to my car to arrest me because my registration was suspended. I was never given the opportunity to view the reading. I was asked to get out of my car, hand-cuffed and placed in the back of the officers car. He then preceeded to search my car without any further incident. He never asked, or had any other cause to do so. At which time he found a concealed weapon, and marijuana(slightly over an ounce) that was in a purse bag in the passenger floorboard (not within arms reach at the time of arrest). I also was never read my miranda rights until after I was cuffed, jailed and taken for questioning.

Please let me know how I should proceed.

Sincerely,
Stacie Shuler
Athens, GA

shuler369

No Ma'am I didn't. In this case, it is a misdemeanor. It is the felony that concerns me. That is why it is the felony that I am asking about in this post, thank you very much. Now, do you have any advice on the subject at hand?????

Shay-Pari'e

shuler369 said:
No Ma'am I didn't. In this case, it is a misdemeanor. It is the felony that concerns me. That is why it is the felony that I am asking about in this post, thank you very much. Now, do you have any advice on the subject at hand?????

Ya,.....Don't drive with guns and drugs on a suspended license and no registration. Didn't your mother teach you right from wrong?

shuler369

I don't have a suspended license, never said anything about that....

Didn't your mother teach you to read??? and maybe a little manners?

Shay-Pari'e

shuler369 said:
I don't have a suspended license, never said anything about that....What the heck do you think a *Suspended * registration means? It's not expired, it is *Suspended*.

Didn't your mother teach you to read??? and maybe a little manners? I'm sorry,**************..You are right! I will go buy some drugs and a gun, and drive around with a *Suspended* registration,****************************...so I can be looked up to and admired like you.

What an idiot you are.

VA333

advice

apparently this site is not a legal advice forum as advertised... it seems to only be one where those persecuted by the law seeking information get heckled and made fun of by those holier than thou. that's ok, kharma will catch up with all of you that have never sinned. I'm sure that if alcohol were illegal again and prohibition were reinstated... plenty of your jarring remarks would cease, and in turn you would become the frightened turning to this site for legal support. so shame on you.

if you look up my previous thread (VA333) you'll find a case i faced regarding possession (i was caught with somewhere over an ounce). In the end, all charges were dismissed even though i violated my terms of probation (failed a drug test during treatment center). All of the charges were dismissed because i appealed the guilty verdict, and the judge i received the second time around dismissed the charges anyway. Therefore, my limitted experience would advise anyone in legal trouble regarding marijuana to pursue the most highly recommended legal attorney in your area regarding personal defense. my lawyer actually met with the prosecuter before the trial and arranged for my charges to be dropped. You may read this and say, "well not all of us have the money for such a thing." However, following my successful verdict in the appelic court system, my court fines and costs were all refunded to me, and i ended up spending less just paying the attorney than i had if I had suffered the punishment and fines! The justice system is ALOT of subjective, opinionated B.S... and verdicts vary depending on the judge and the type of day he or she is having. So again, my advice is find the best attorney possible, set up some sort of payment arrangement even if delayed, and take his or her advice regarding an appeal. Appealing has now successfully worked for me twice, and i have no legal record nor have i discontinued my cannibus use. I thumb my nose at all the puritanic, conservative, old farts on this site that still hold the prehistoric view that marijuana is any worse than alcohol or tobacco.

weenor

VA333 said:
Appealing has now successfully worked for me twice, and i have no legal record nor have i discontinued my cannibus use. I thumb my nose at all the puritanic, conservative, old farts on this site that still hold the prehistoric view that marijuana is any worse than alcohol or tobacco.

Well you can keep thumbing your nose, but with the prevalency of drug testing at the work place you drug use will catch up with even if you don't move on to anything stronger. :cool:

Shay-Pari'e

VA333 said:
apparently this site is not a legal advice forum as advertised... it seems to only be one where those persecuted by the law seeking information get heckled and made fun of by those holier than thou. that's ok, kharma will catch up with all of you that have never sinned. I'm sure that if alcohol were illegal again and prohibition were reinstated... plenty of your jarring remarks would cease, and in turn you would become the frightened turning to this site for legal support. so shame on you.

if you look up my previous thread (VA333) you'll find a case i faced regarding possession (i was caught with somewhere over an ounce). In the end, all charges were dismissed even though i violated my terms of probation (failed a drug test during treatment center). All of the charges were dismissed because i appealed the guilty verdict, and the judge i received the second time around dismissed the charges anyway. Therefore, my limitted experience would advise anyone in legal trouble regarding marijuana to pursue the most highly recommended legal attorney in your area regarding personal defense. my lawyer actually met with the prosecuter before the trial and arranged for my charges to be dropped. You may read this and say, "well not all of us have the money for such a thing." However, following my successful verdict in the appelic court system, my court fines and costs were all refunded to me, and i ended up spending less just paying the attorney than i had if I had suffered the punishment and fines! The justice system is ALOT of subjective, opinionated B.S... and verdicts vary depending on the judge and the type of day he or she is having. So again, my advice is find the best attorney possible, set up some sort of payment arrangement even if delayed, and take his or her advice regarding an appeal. Appealing has now successfully worked for me twice, and i have no legal record nor have i discontinued my cannibus use. I thumb my nose at all the puritanic, conservative, old farts on this site that still hold the prehistoric view that marijuana is any worse than alcohol or tobacco.

Do you really think I care that a druggie moron is thumbing their nose at me? I would care only if you flicked bugers on me.

HomeGuru

VA333 said:

**A: who the heck cares what you think or do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">