• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melaniesfelony

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have a Class A Felony Warrant for the distribution of marijuana in Oregon. The warrant is from 1999. I was caught with less than an ounce of marijuana, but in different bags. I also unfortunately had a thousand dollars cash on me from a check I had recentely cashed for student loans. I WAS NOT dealing drugs at the time. I suffer from bipolar disorder, and at the time was not on my medication. I was caught smoking pot, and the stuff I had on me made it look really bad. Needless to say, I got scared and left the state for a month. I then went back to clear matters up. Unfortunately the Police Department sent a letter to my landlord, stating that if they did not evict me they would reposess the property. I therefore got scared once again and left the state, this time to never return. I was picked up for a traffic violation near the border, upon departure, and taken back to jail. Upon being released, I left the state for good and haven't been back since. My question is that I want to clear my conscience. So what am I looking at if I want to do this. First, I have 2 failure to appears. Is there anyway to prove that I was manic and left due to this state of mind? I fear returning I will be considered a flight risk, although now I am stabilized on meds and can document that. Also, is there anyway to get these charges dropped and/or reduced? What would you consider to be a good course of action to take to handle these charges? I currently live out of state, going back will be very difficult, particularlly if there's incarceration involved. I have a whole life where I live now, including lots of bills, contacts, etc. Any advice is greatly appreciated, I thank you for your time.

slipknottkills

Just get a lawyer and ask them what to do, they dont go to law school for nothing ya know. Try to get the check recept so you can identify where that thousand bucks came from so it doesnt look like you made it selling pot...and if they didnt catch you selling it then its a possesion charge not distrubution...turn yourself in after you talk to a lawyer and have your story straight...if you keep running you will get caught sometime and it will just add up againts you. Just do wahts right, gods got your back...just let him know you need him... ;)

S

seniorjudge

melaniesfelony said:
i am totally with ya on the god part. i don't have the money for an attorney though, that's why i'm posting here.
Surrender and ask for a public defender.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">