• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a few questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abacadaba

North Carolina
arrested for felony poss. of .3 grams of cocaine, 3 grams of marijuana, and 2 paraphi. charges...
My lawyer says that i can either do a felony diversion program or can have the felony cocaine dropped to a misdemeanor cocaine and misdemeanor marijuana...but, when discussing this with him earlier he said that it would be poss. of marijuana and para.
My concern is that i do not won't any type of cocaine charge placed upon me, but with me going to college next year i don't want to get on the felony program and get into trouble and get that pinned on me...
Also, does anything get dropped once i turn 18 in the state of N.C.
and somebody told me u can get a charged dropped if it is your first off.
Thanks for listening and please give me input on what you think would be the best thing to do.
abacadaba

calatty

Under most diversion programs, you do not get a conviction and there is no drug conviction on your record. If that is true in NC, that is the way to go rather than end up with drug convictions on your record, even if they are only misdemeanors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">