• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finally got summons in mail yesterday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

izachxxx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania. Wassup i'm back, again lol. I finally got my summons in the mail yesterday, I personally thought I wouldn't get it. It was from my incident over the summer around August 4th. If you haven't heard about it, its in one of my posts. Anyways, the charges I got was (Poss of small amount of marijuana, Drug Para, Disturbing the peace, Evading a cop, + speeding ticket) The one charge that concerns me the most is the Drug Paraphernalia one. I had no paraphernalia in my car at the time. For some reason they charged me with it. Now, could I fight that charge? Theres more to this story. They also charged me with Disturbing the peace. In my opinion, not a single way at all did I disturb the peace during the altercation. In the police report, the officer stated " 'my name' was then asked to exit the vehicle, at which point he locked the doors, became belligerent and refused to comply with the request". That was the only self actions i had made. There is no act of me causing disturbance to the peace. As you know, I am on 'unsupervised probation' since I never get drug tested I smoke. I do not have a PO so no one from the juvy court has been contacted, well maybe, i just don't know about it. Now, besides the probation part, this is my second drug offense; one in 2010 as I can recall, and one on Aug 4th of 2013. My parents are not willing to get a lawyer because of financial reasons, therefor I will be getting a public defender. I already contacted a lawyer the other day about this, only important thing he said is it is a probation violation but I will not go to juvy. Does anyone know if judge could/would potentially put me on house arrest? Yes this is alot of questions but i appricate your help...

-Zach

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania. Wassup i'm back, again lol. I finally got my summons in the mail yesterday, I personally thought I wouldn't get it. It was from my incident over the summer around August 4th. If you haven't heard about it, its in one of my posts. Anyways, the charges I got was (Poss of small amount of marijuana, Drug Para, Disturbing the peace, Evading a cop, + speeding ticket) The one charge that concerns me the most is the Drug Paraphernalia one. I had no paraphernalia in my car at the time. For some reason they charged me with it. Now, could I fight that charge? Theres more to this story. They also charged me with Disturbing the peace. In my opinion, not a single way at all did I disturb the peace during the altercation. In the police report, the officer stated " 'my name' was then asked to exit the vehicle, at which point he locked the doors, became belligerent and refused to comply with the request". That was the only self actions i had made. There is act of me causing disturbance to the peace. As you know, I am on 'unsupervised probation' since I never get drug tested I smoke. I do not have a PO so no one from the juvy court has been contacted, well maybe, i just don't know about it. Now, besides the probation part, this is my second drug offense; one in 2010 as I can recall, and one on Aug 4th of 2013. My parents are not willing to get a lawyer because of financial reasons, therefor I will be getting a public defender. I already contacted a lawyer the other day about this, only important this he said is it is a probation violation but I will not go to juvy. Does anyone know if judge could/would potentially put me on house arrest? Yes this is alot of questions but i appricate your help...

-Zach
To refresh everyone's memories:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/caught-pellet-gun-600556.html
https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/summons-599342.html
https://forum.freeadvice.com/sentencing-parole-pardons-plea-bargains-29/first-drug-test-violation-599276.html
https://forum.freeadvice.com/drug-charges-28/pa-drug-charge-immediate-help-598974.html

Seems like you've become a bit of a habitual offender. :cool:

dave33

The other charges are taken care of, this one concerns me the most
Well, to start, it's not a violation until you get violated. Have you gotten any paperwork saying that your probation is violated?

You indicated in your post that you got a copy of the police report. What did the report say about the paraphernalia?

If your probation gets violated the state will have a lot more ammunition.

izachxxx

Here is the police reported, the part where the officer put his hand through my window and unlocked my door, ripping me out, is not stated in it. Blurred out my last name for my own privacy

http://i44.tinypic.com/sded10.jpg

charged with unnecessary charges. Oh and they did not find any Para according to the police report, yet the charges stated i was charged with drug para

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

You obviously disturbed the tenant with your illegal smoking activities.

http://ecode360.com/10973378?highlight=disturbs,peaceful,the
code 226-2
DISRUPTIVE CONDUCT
Any form of conduct, action, incident or behavior perpetrated, caused or permitted by any tenant of a rental unit or guest that is so loud, untimely (as to hour of the day), offensive, riotous or that otherwise disturbs other persons of reasonable sensibility in their peaceful enjoyment of their premises such as that a complaint is made to the police or Code Official. It is not necessary that such conduct, action, incident or behavior constitute a criminal offense, nor that criminal charges be filed against any person in order for a person to have perpetrated, caused or permitted the commission of disruptive conduct as herein defined; provided, however, that no disruptive conduct shall be deemed to have occurred unless the Code Official or police have investigated and determined that such did occur.

dave33

Here is the police reported, the part where the officer put his hand through my window and unlocked my door, ripping me out, is not stated in it. Blurred out my last name for my own privacy

http://i44.tinypic.com/sded10.jpg

charged with unnecessary charges. Oh and they did not find any Para according to the police report, yet the charges stated i was charged with drug para
You certainly have several legitimate arguable points. The problem is that takes money. It all comes down to what are you willing to do? You can take a deal and put this whole mess in the past or you can try and come up with every dime and nickel and give it to the lawyer. This is a decision everyone must make when charged with a crime. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">