• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firing A Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lubedude08

colorado
I heard that I could fire a lawyer...I was wondering the best way to do this, and could I be held in contempt of court or is there any consiquenses to do this action?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Why did my case get moved from county to District court?
My case started as a manufacturing/possesion/distribution F3 and the lawyer said it would be dropped to a F3...I aint a rocket scientist but that dont sound like much of a plea!!!!:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

Is it private-paid counsel or a public defender?
Has the actual trial started?

The procedure and implications depend on when and who.

If its a private lawyer, just go hire another lawyer who will file the appropriate substitution paperwork. There is no drama in that. Or what are you looking to know exactly?

FlyingRon

Agreed with StevenJ. It should be a non-event given that situation. The only issue which should also be routine is if the new counsel needs to continue the trial in order to get time to prepare.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">