• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First arrest ever is a HUGE one!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bigmistake7788

Washington state

A couple of days ago I made the hugest mistake of my entire life, one that might have ruined my life forever. I was extremely broke, a week before my arrest I canceled my enrollment for my junior year at the state university because i coulndt pay off the rest of the tuition owed. My rent was due and I owed money to credit cards, money tree and people that i borrowed money from to finace college. I had a full time job but it wasnt cutting it. I was in a bad bad place and people were threating to beat me up if I didnt pay them. So one person i owed 1000 to said he would cut it in half if next time I went home I picked up a backpack from one of his friends and brought it back to college for him. I asked him what was in it and he said weed. I decided stupidly to do it since I drive home and back all the time and never get searched or anything. So i did it and when i was driving back i got pulled over by a sheriff coming into town and asked to step out of the car. the sheriff walked the dog around my car and when it barked i was arrested. back at jail some agents came in and said they searched my trunk and found a POUND of weed, two digital scales and get this, 14 grams of cocaine. I was in shock to say the least. so now im facing two felony counts of possesion with intent to distribute for both the weed and the cocaine and a count of delivery of a controlled substance. My question is this, Ive never been arrested before but i was caught this summer taking a 3 dollar thing of chapstick without paying for it because the line was too long and i thought i could get away with it, that said, AM I screwed for life??? Is my life over???? The special agents that did the search warrant told me im looking at 20 years!!!! Im a college student, I cant go to prison, i wont make it. I was released from jail the next day with no bail and i meet with my public defendant in a couple of days so im wondering if you guys also think i completely ruined my life and im going to die in prison? any help is much appreciated.

Mainly the thing im wondering is, "Do you guys think there is anyway of avoiding jail or prison time here???"

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Your in a bad situation because you have let your greed convince you to be taken advantage of by some serious drug dealers.

Contact the public defender and see what deal can be made for the person who gave you the backpack and the person you were delivering it to. Work through it with the lawyer.

P.S. how were you able to get released with no bail on a series of major felonies?

Bigmistake7788

im not sure how i was released on no bail, the judge asked me if i had a lease on my apartment and i said yes, combined with no previous arrests he said i was released on my own recognisance.

xylene

Your in a bad situation because you have let your greed convince you to be taken advantage of by some serious drug dealers.
I hate to break it to you but a that kind of weight is penny-ante bullcrap. Not serious drug dealers.

You read too many DEA press releases that valuate weed at a quarter million a pound. Don't make me laugh.

---

The "special" agent was trying to get you to roll. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do talk to the police. Clam up. It doesn't matter, you probably already hopelessly incriminated yourself with some "i'm a college kid who needed money" blather...

Some Random Guy

I hate to break it to you but a that kind of weight is penny-ante bullcrap. Not serious drug dealers.
I should have said "professional" instead of serious. I was trying to differentiate from the casual dealer who sells to cover his own habit. This fellow is willing to spend $500 on a drug courier. In other words, he knows a lot more about the drug trade than the original poster and knew exactly what was in the bag.

whatehva

AND, you better watch your back. being released on your own recognosense (or however you spell it) will be seen as NARC.

J

Jdolittle69

Few things you can look into.

1. You could probably get out of it if your nark.. I hate narks, but w/e.. The law wants bigger fish, and by the sounds of things, they probly can tell your a pussy and the actually beleive your story.

2. Did he ahve probable cause to pull you over? If not, your free to go. Why did you get pulled over?

3. Don't get ****y with them, if you lie, they'll only get more pissed off.

JD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">